Trying to ftp on new account

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
that all depends how they registered.
i used to have 2 passwords, 1 for the login and 1 for the forum.
but after the merging of directadmin and the new login system i made it all 1 password.
i found it complicated juggling a bunch of passwords. so i welcomed the change.

remember as Eric said, "web ftp may not work currently on the device."
you need an ftp client that does work on your device. such as filezilla
or some other kind of ftp app. you will likely see many that claim to work but do not,.

using the main login url you should have access to your files including browser ftp options.
you can navigate all your options by clicking the big green button.
that opens your control panel.

ctyrd

Reaction score
@alphorn7

Client panel: x10hosting.com/login
Username: email address
passwd: ******** (That's one)
The forgot passwd will change the passwd for the client panel only.

Hosting control panel: main service user includes DirectAdmin account, default FTP account, default database account, and default email account. Same username and passwd for 4 default accounts.

Username: abcdefgh
Passwd: ******** (That's two)

Option to change passwd in the hosting control panel. "mitteleuropa.x10.mx" has no ssl cert, so you will have to login here: https://x13.x10hosting.com:2222

This community forum has a username and passwd. Three different usernames and passwds.

Last edited:

alphorn7

Reaction score
I found in my notes what maybe a third logon. But it maybe for that discord thing which came up during sing up.

is that part of the x10 admin or is my browser infected with something ?

i tried this logon on the direct url but it did not work.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There's technically three logins:
The panel (x10hosting.com/panel)
The forums (here)
The DirectAdmin account (x##.x10hosting.com)

The ftp would take the one for DirectAdmin, which you would have set when you created the service itself, together with the 8 chars that are seen as xxxxxxxx @ x## in your panel. You can change this password from within the panel, click the service name to get to the service page, and change the password. Make sure you are NOT in your profile as issuing a password change there only changes the panel login password.

You can also create a separate ftp account inside DirectAdmin, which would be in the form user@yourdomain.x10.mx and take the password you set when creating it.

ctyrd

Reaction score
You can change this password from within the panel,

Will that change passwd option change the passwd for all default accounts, ftp, database, email, and hosting control panel?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Will that change passwd option change the passwd for all default accounts, ftp, database, email, and hosting control panel?
It will change the password for services tied to the DirectAdmin login username (ie the 8 chars you have as username for DirectAdmin), so the default email address will get an updated password.

It will NOT change the password on email accounts you have created, nor will it change the password for a database user you have created in DirectAdmin.

It would not change the password for an ftp user you created in DirectAdmin, only for the default user.

alphorn7

Reaction score
What we know so far

1) There are three logons

a) to website

b) to form

c) to something called 'discord'

Either (a) or (b) is the logon for ftp server

Since typing in server/host/shoesize etc is a bit hit-and-miss

can someone say for certain which logon is the logon for ftp server ?

I can logon to the x10 website

and

I can logon to the forum (I am typing here) so Must have the lgn and pwd for both.

If I can find out which logon is used for the ftp server then I can start having a go at an ftp upload.

THanks for all your help

alphorn7

Reaction score
@alphorn7

You still haven't login yet?

The username and password you use to login here: https://x13.x10hosting.com:2222 will also be used for the ftp host.

ftp host: x13.x10hosting.com port:21
username: 8 chars
passwd: only you know

Use a web browser here: https://www.net2ftp.com/ to figure it out.

View attachment 10760
Much thanks for this

first attempt using

logon

alphorn7

which I what I use to logon here in the forum

recieved a no

second attempt came up with a largely blue screen with a white button in the middle which gave a language option but did not do anything eslse

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Much thanks for this

first attempt using

logon

alphorn7

which I what I use to logon here in the forum

recieved a no

second attempt came up with a largely blue screen with a white button in the middle which gave a language option but did not do anything eslse
When you create your service you create the hosting service password. This will be your password to use to log in directly to Direct Admin along with your default FTP and webmail account. If you do not remember or you need to change this password you can do this in the Services section of your account : https://x10hosting.com/panel/services Your username will be the service username listed for the service.