TV Show database and blog

saddx

Reaction score
tell me what you think and how i can improve
http://premiumtvonline.x10.mx

also site got site suppsended for high resource usage, im new to websites and hosting, but i think it has to do with caching the .xml file for my upcoming shows list

thanks all

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy;

First thing I noticed was a spelling error on the very first (home) page - "Webiste is up and running". The very next line has "website" spelled correctly. So, one thing you should do is go through all of your pages and check spelling. You want your site to look professional and spelling errors are going to create problems with search engines.
"Upcoming Shows"
None of the links in the first (left) column work. I get redirected to the default x10hosting 404 error page.
"All Shows"
Some kind of xml error. I think you are aware of this problem.
I can tell you have done a lot of hard work. You have more work to do.
Hope you found this helpful.

bovril

Reaction score
Hi saddx,

Maybe you could do something with layout for your ads (and perhaps your navbar)? They're all pushed up on the left and it spoils the clean lines of your layout. Similarly, when I click on the actual entries themselves (to view more of the post), there is a further problem with the layout - some of the text flows behind the right-hand column (the part with the tag cloud etc.).

I like the yellow and blue colour-scheme aesthetically, but it is quite hard to read smaller text. The brown works very well though.

Final pedantic note - you missed a space between 'search' and 'terms' in your search box. :)

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You could try bolting on the Google Apps Engine as a proxy cache server but that is a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. Breaking the xml file into smaller chunks on the other hand by country for instance would surely provide a more useful visitor experience and reduce the server load accordingly.

infopage

Reaction score
The color scheme just doesn't look too good to me, especially the colors for adsense ads. Another thing is in the "Upcoming Shows" category where the links bounce to some other site that does not coincide with your site as far as styling goes. Also if I were you, I'd put some video clips...a site about tv shows has to have a good dose of video clips (maybe even a free whole entire episode or 2):wink:

Definitely try other possible templates...just a few suggetions