two accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zildjoms

Reaction score
hi, i got this today. what does this mean? i've been using this account for so long to maintain my website at romrs.net. at the time of joining, i was REQUIRED to make a separate forum account, it did not want to accept my hosting account username. the system wanted me to create a forum account LINKED to my hosting account. that was your system back then, why penalize me now for this?

and all this after i reminded you guys today of an unanswered ticket i opened a while back that my website's been "temporarily unavailable" for the longest time. (http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/144290-page-you-looking-temporarily-unavailable-please-try-again-later.html)

please, help me, this is very upsetting. thank you.

-- forwarded notice:
Previous Suspension History
Below is an ordered list of this hosting account's suspension history, ordered most recent to oldest
December 21 at 1:56 amsuspensionIt appears you have two accounts for the same person, which is not allowed by the x10hosting terms of service. Please open a ticket to resolve this issue. Suspected second account id: mmp1035236.
« Previous
Next »
Your Account is Currently Suspended
Your hosting account with the username is suspended, access to this account has been disabled. The reason for suspension is listed below.
Did you know that you can prevent inactivity suspensions and increase your account's alloted resources, preventing high resource usage suspensions? All that you need to do is upgrade to x10Hosting Prime for a low cost. More details available here: http://x10hosting.com/prime-membership
Suspension Reason: It appears you have two accounts for the same person, which is not allowed by the x10hosting terms of service. Please open a ticket to resolve this issue. Suspected second account id: mmp1035236.
Unfortunately this suspension is not able to be resolved automatically. To resolve this suspension please open a support ticket.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with another forum account. It's talking about a second hosting account. I'm asking the higher-ups about this so hopefully this situation will get some clarification.

zildjoms

Reaction score
i just realized that now. sorry, was really upset. the other account is a friend of mine who i recommended x10hosting to. she's technically challenged so i'm helping her with stuff about her website. i never saw that as 2 accounts to one person, am so sorry if it came off that way. i hope you understand that i was helping her with her website, and i see nothing wrong with that. please consider unsuspending our accounts. my personal website and her business website are both nonfunctional now.

thanks.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
TOS said:
Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only.

It appears that both accounts are being accessed from the same physical location. If your friend is using one of these accounts, she's doing it at the same exact place as you? Your friend is only logged in when you are logged out. Your accounts were signed up minutes apart from each other. This is all very suspicious. All I ask is that you tell me the truth, so we can deal with this.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you really have 2 separate people using 2 separate accounts, I'll have an admin look at the evidence and make the decision, since they have more tools available.

zildjoms

Reaction score
If you really have 2 separate people using 2 separate accounts, I'll have an admin look at the evidence and make the decision, since they have more tools available.

well, yeah, she uses my computer too. apart from that i can't really think of any other way to convince you. very sorry, but that's the truth. :/

let me know what i can do.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
That's fine. I'll ask someone to look into it to double check my work.

zildjoms

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TOS
Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only.

now this part of the tos i did fail. coz i set up her x10hosting account, and she gave me her login details so i can maintain it when she can't. that's what i did lately when i noticed my website was "temporarily unavailable". then i just thought of checking hers, coz we're both on x10hosting, to see if it's my site that's the problem or is the whole x10hosting having problems again, so when i saw that both accounts were "temporarily unavailable", i submitted support requests for both. there i used her account to post the request.

then today i followed up on it coz it hasn't been answered for a while and the sites are still inactive, and now i got mine suspended, then hers too. :/

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
We're going to allow you two access to your accounts. Please make sure you understand the rules. I don't like suspending people, believe it or not :p

As for your other support requests, I'll look in to those as well for you, now that we've got this cleaned up. Please post in those threads you made earlier for any further questions.

zildjoms

Reaction score
yes please, thank you

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

We're going to allow you two access to your accounts. Please make sure you understand the rules. I don't like suspending people, believe it or not :p

As for your other support requests, I'll look in to those as well for you, now that we've got this cleaned up. Please post in those threads you made earlier for any further questions.

i understand. thank you so much. really.

Status
Not open for further replies.