Um, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wantanacount

Reaction score
Hey, first of all, I really like x10, responses to ?s are always fast!

My question is:

My site, http://ads4stephenlewis.exofire.net/ is not working. I tried using a proxy, because that worked last time. But not now. This is weird. It's a legit site, and I don't think I've been suspended, as I can log in to my account. Or, perhaps it IS possible that I've been suspended?

EDIT:

Also, as added info:

When I try to access site from MY ip, it says the 'problem loading page' thing that Firefox normally says if the page doesn't exist!

When I use proxy, it says Connection refused

BUT, I can log in and edit my files on cpanel!

Last edited:

djsliderz

Reaction score
yea that has been happing to alot of us it happend to me yesterday and today i cant even get to my c pannel lol so just wait and someone will help

wantanacount

Reaction score
Okay. Does this mean that other people will not be able to view my site???? This is a serious issue!

I mean, the first time in a week I check up on my site (it's not live yet), it's down? ouch...

Last edited:

djsliderz

Reaction score
looks that way i cant see it
Edit:
what server are you on

Last edited:

epoclaen

Reaction score
I was able to open the site readily through the link you provided so maybe whatever issues you were having have been cleared up.

As a piece of info, the
it says the 'problem loading page' thing that Firefox normally says if the page doesn't exist!
message you were getting doesn't necessarily mean that the page doesn't exist. These are typically what you see when the server returns a "404 error" message which indicates that the client was able to communicate with the server but either the server could not the page that was requested or it was configured not to fulfill the request and not reveal the reason why.

If you're getting a "server not found" message in FireFox 2.0.0.11 then it could be that the server is down at the moment, that you typed in the server name wrong, that a firewall is blocking your access to the server, or that you're not currently connected to the internet.

If you're getting a "Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found." message then yes, the request for the page you typed in reached the server but the page doesn't exist. Check your spelling (I know this is stupid to say but you'd be surprised), check that you uploaded the page to the proper directory, etc....

Sometimes these connection error messages are pretty ambiguous. Fortunately you can even set up your server to generate more personalized and even playful error messages as seen at http://www.tbid.com/notfound.html.

I read a recent mention from an administrator that they were "busy with server issues" last night so I'm guessing it was a temporary glitch and you can be fairly confident that the site was accessible for most of the week.

wantanacount

Reaction score
Hm. quite weird, because I currently can not access it! This is very strange, seeing as you can. I'm getting the 'server not found' message, so the server must be down.

I really need reliable hosting here, so I dont know what to do, as we're going live TODAY.

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I can view your site fine by the link provided, it's currently 11:43PM GMT +9.5 If this was an issue or still is an issue, it may be on your end, if it's still occuring let us know.

epoclaen

Reaction score
I'm still able to load the page properly.

Are you loading a fresh copy of your web page? Open your website through the link that you provided in the first page of this thread. In FireFox, hold down the Ctrl key and at the same time press the F5 key to refresh the page. This will ignore the cached page if any and will load the page directly from an attempt to connect to the server.

If you're using a proxy server through FireFox then there's two things you can try. First turn the proxy server off then close and re-open FireFox and try reloading the page (again, use the link in the first post of the thread just so that we have a test-proven website location to compare against).

If this fails then try using IE to open the page. You can do this directly through the link in the first post if you have the FireFox Launchy add-on installed by right-clicking on it and choosing "Launchy >> Open Link in Internet Explorer." This will at least tell us if it's an issue with your web browser.

The only other possible point of failure that I can think of would be your anti-virus/firewall protection software could be blocking you? Try disabling it and then checking the website using the Ctrl+F5 method.

P.S. - The website looks good. I did spot an extra colon in the email link on the http://ads4stephenlewis.exofire.net/sponsor.php page though.

mattm

Reaction score
My site (hmv.x10hosting.com) works now :)

Matthew

Last edited:

retep992

Reaction score
mines a bit bouncy - its been down about 5 times in the last 3 hours and takes about 5-10mins to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.