Resolved Unable to access website

Status
Not open for further replies.

artjoyli

Reaction score
Arghh. Sites been down for months, cant get into cpanel to change it. Total nightmare

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If it has been down for months, why wait until now to seek support? If you don't tell us something is wrong we likely never will find out and thus can not sort it out.

Did you read the announcement about migrations to DirectAdmin? See: https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/

Further more, between November 30th and today you did not login to the account once, this lead it to be marked as inactive and purged in early March. The automated suspension system is halted during our maintenance, the log requirement has always been there however, so in end of December the account would have been eligible for a suspension, and then 21 days later, second half of January it would have been terminated by the automated system.

Due to this automated system being halted due to the maintenance we did run a manual purge in early March (it was started the 4th) and since your account did not have any logins the the 60 days prior to the purge it was terminated as inactive.

Due to there being no warning emails as those are part of the automated, currently halted, system we said we'd this time allow for a restore if requested within reasonable time.

Initially we said cutoff for restores would be one week, meaning in reality we should not restore anyone past Sunday 15th, though we extended it a little bit extra, but it was said that the last cutoff date would be on Sunday March 22nd.

You're lucky though that the restore is still possible for your account.
I'm running the restore now and the account should be good to go in a few minutes.

artjoyli

Reaction score
That is awesome of you. I thought Id tried to log in many times n the last couple of months. I have the same issue with Vinylromance.com??? :p . Ive looked at the advice thread so many times. I guess I just felt we free users had been thrown under the bus. I just went crazy and changed the nameservers at namecheap, have to reset them again. You are an star. thanks Anna

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that only by logging into the account panel at https://x10hosting.com/sso/login will count towards keeping the account active.

What do you mean by having the same issue with Vinylromance.com, that domain is not part of your account as far as I can see. And there's nothing about that domain on the server either.

artjoyli

Reaction score
I help manage that account on a different email. Youre really helpful and should probably be paid more. I do apologise. Ive messed everything up now. Tried to update the A record like in the advice thread. Changed hosting and then changed back again. Probably no sense to be made of it for ages now. Good on you for trying to help as many people as you do. Artjoyliving still says Apache is functioning normally on a white screen of nothin.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Updating A records ONLY needs to be done when you are NOT using our name servers, meaning you did not need to change anything.

I see you altered it to the IP of one of the other servers (there are five of them, yours is x13), I'll change that back for you.

As for the other account you help manage, tell them to post their own thread preferably from the forum account they have connected, as I have no idea what account it would relate to (and technically I can't do much unless the owner himself asks).

artjoyli

Reaction score
The Domain name is with namecheap, at their end Ive put the nameservers back the ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, thanks for your help, Ive seen so many links online with users who have the same problem accross multiple patforms. Id be interested to know if you find anything else displayed other than 'Apache is functioning normally or other error. Thats all Im seeing

artjoyli

Reaction score
I deleted my softaculous wordpress and reinstalled it, so I guess it might be tomorrow before it populates. It does look like the domain is still stuck in the state it was originally weeks ago, at some points I was unable to log in to X10hosting or get password reminders. All best,

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Apache function normally can be stuck in the browser cache a bit. That is the default page for when the server don't know what to display.

The fact that you pointed it to the wrong server would also contribute, unless the propagation is completed in your end, the domain would point to a server it doesn't belong to which causes that message.

It may speed up if you flush dns cache on your local computer as well as clear browser cache.

artjoyli

Reaction score
Thanks. I forgot to delete the Mysql database when I reinstalled wordpress so I just did that again with another fresh install. Still no joy. Il give it a while....

artjoyli

Reaction score
You fixed it for me. I hope your coping well in these trying times. All the very best,
Top service. Thanks Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.