Unable to connect to database

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlassing

Reaction score
Hiyo x10Hosting,

The server migration is done, and I am currently unable to access my database on the server previously known as Vox (for website elizabethlassing.com). When I make a MySQL query from my website I get "Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'zlassing_admin'@'localhost'".

I can connect to cPanel just fine, but when I try to access phpMyAdmin, I get an old login page that I cannot connect to. When I go my list of databases and click "Check Database", I get the following error:
"Error from sql query: #42000: Unknown database 'zlassing_elizabethlassing'Failed to use zlassing_elizabethlassing: #42000: Unknown database 'zlassing_elizabethlassing'"

I'm assuming my database is currently not on the server - is this something x10Hosting can restore for me? If not, should I go ahead and delete/remake my database? (I have a backup) Let me know - I'm hoping to get my site back up and running ASAP.

Thanks!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is resolved. I've restored your database from a backup.

zlassing

Reaction score
I see that my database has been added, however, now when I run a DB check it looks like the database is empty:

Checking Database
zlassing_elizabethlassing is now being checked.

[zlassing_elizabethlassing.collection] Error: Table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.collection' doesn't exist [zlassing_elizabethlassing.collection] status: Operation failed [zlassing_elizabethlassing.color] Error: Table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.color' doesn't exist [zlassing_elizabethlassing.color] status: Operation failed [zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelry] Error: Table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelry' doesn't exist [zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelry] status: Operation failed [zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelry_collection_map] Error: Table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelry_collection_map' doesn't exist [zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelry_collection_map] status: Operation failed [zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelrytype] Error: Table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelrytype' doesn't exist [zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelrytype] status: Operation failed [zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelrytypeoptions] Error: Table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelrytypeoptions' doesn't exist [zlassing_elizabethlassing.jewelrytypeoptions] status: Operation failed [zlassing_elizabethlassing.lessons] Error: Table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.lessons' doesn't exist [zlassing_elizabethlassing.lessons] status: Operation failed [zlassing_elizabethlassing.material] Error: Table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.material' doesn't exist [zlassing_elizabethlassing.material] status: Operation failed [zlassing_elizabethlassing.models] Error: Table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.models' doesn't exist [zlassing_elizabethlassing.models] status: Operation failed
Check Complete

Also, I still cannot log into my DB on phpMyAdmin (with user zlassing_admin)- I tried creating a new DB user (zlassing_admin2), but when I log into phpMyAdmin as that user, my database is not listed.

zlassing

Reaction score
Hello,

I realize that xo2 was having MySQL issues - although the status page says they've been resolved, and my DB check succeeds, my site still can't connect to MySQL, and I still can't log into phpMyAdmin as my original database user. I'm able to log in and see my database as a second user I've created, but when I try to import my db backup I get an error:

CREATE TABLE `collection` ( `collection_pk` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `collection` varchar(50) DEFAULT NULL, `description` varchar(4000) DEFAULT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`collection_pk`), UNIQUE KEY `collection_pk` (`collection_pk`), UNIQUE KEY `collection` (`collection`) ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=8 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

MySQL said:
#1005 - Can't create table 'zlassing_elizabethlassing.collection' (errno: -1) (Details…)

Please help me so I can get my site back up and running.

zlassing

Reaction score
FYI - I was able to get my site back up by creating a brand new database and user and importing my data there - not sure what happened to the original database during the migration, but as far as I'm concerned it's been hosed. Hopefully others who have the same problem have a backup of their data to do the same if x10Hosting cannot get this issue resolved.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Your database was severely damaged for some reason, and actually was causing problems with our mysql server, which is probably the root of your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.