unable to load SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongers

Reaction score
getting the message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user '*********'@'10.33.248.82' (using password: YES) in /home/wingerz/public_html/news/index.php on line 41
Could not connect: Access denied for user '********'@'10.33.248.82' (using password: YES)

i havent changed anything since this was working before the server migration, do i need to change anything or will this be restored within time?

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. cPanel --> PHPMyAdmin and make sure your databases are there.

2. cPanel --> MySQLDatabases , create a new user and add to your database with the ALL PRIVILEGES box checked

3. cPanel --> File Manager , find configuration/settings file for your script software. Change the settings for the database user/password to the new user.

OR

2/3 Delete db user and recreate using same name & password from config/settings file and re-link to database with ALL PRIVILEGES

[ Reason: the migration apparently trashed some of the db users ]

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

As we have not received any replies i am marking this ticket as resolved. If you have any further issues please re-open this ticket or create a new one.

wongers

Reaction score
well, im currently going through the set of instructions provided and so far 2/4 hasnt worked. so no this has not been resolved.

also, the main reason for starting this thread was because i wanted to know the reason why this has happened when there was no changes made by myself.

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

oh and ill be at my computer nearly all day today so can monitor this if anyone has any further suggestions?

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

ok, i have resolved the error message. but my question still remains, why did this suddenly happen? was it to do with the server work that was being carried out?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This was due to some issues with Fris and mysql user table. :) It was caused by an issue with our setup/cPanel.

Status
Not open for further replies.