Unable to log into the cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylan

Reaction score
My account is unsuspended so I should be able to log in but I can not. I get the message Unable to log in.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Where are you getting this message? In cPanel or the Account Control Panel?

Kylan

Reaction score
Is in cPanel. When I click the go to cPanel button from the account control panel. The actual error message is "Login attempt failed" in red font.

Kylan

Reaction score
Help?

---------- Post added 01-31-2011 at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-30-2011 at 01:26 PM ----------

A few more details on my problem:
When I go to my website what I get is a page announcing that my account is suspended. It is not. My status on the account panel is Unsuspended.
I tried again a change of password and the system completed the change:

Hosting Password Updatesubmitted January 31 at 4:45 amM8TPM4VY1A5Naction statusFinishedinformationUpdate to your hosting account password.resultThis action completed successfully.

but I still get the error on cPanel: Login Attempt Failed.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hang tight, this is gunna be a two part fix. I can fix it so the page itself is visible, and while I'm there I'll check if the second part is something I can fix.

My guess is the unsuspension did not go properly and the cpanel pass is messed as a result. If that's the case I'll post back and escalate up so staff can set a temp-password which will allow the password reset to work.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website fixed, but the cpanel password is indeed messed up. Escalating up; staff can get it to a temp pass so a password reset will work though; as long as it's messed up the way it is, the reset's won't actually work sadly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.