Unlimited Hosting

outa_dis_world24

Reaction score
So can someone please explain to me how unlimited hosting works?

How its possible not ever filling the disk space?

As far as i am concerned i have never heard of an unlimited hard drive so how does this work?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not truly unlimited. It's considered "Unmetered" meaning we allow you to use what you need for your website. Obviously there are good neighbor rules to unmetered service, which fall in line with the limited capacity of server disk, such as trying to upload excessively large files which result in account suspension.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Although it is unlimited, you are restricted by x10Hosting's terms of service. For example, the terms of service states that the site should not be used for file storage and have something related to the website with many other content restrictions, meaning it would be hard to fill it up without getting suspended.

http://x10hosting.com/terms

theone48

Reaction score
I believe unlimited also refers to bandwidth, or how many visitors you can have to your site. It would be nice to make a list sometime of things that are unlimited and those which are not.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unmetered was for disk/bandwidth only; bandwidth we've never actually hit on a server, although occasionally we do see a Disk Full error for a server. Disk Fulls easy to fix though - look for the biggest accounts, and then look for copyrighted movies/warez :)