Unstable hosting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyRaNtM

Reaction score
I'm suffering problems with the connection to the server and my webpage.
The thing is, surfing and working in my website isn't easy, because in each 10 minutes or less, appear a 404 error, or a 503 error that affect the flow of the site.

What happens? Is a server problem or i need to do something to fix this?
PD: My site is in Lotus.

Last edited:

lookof

Reaction score
i'm having the same problem, the site keeps going down 5mins everyday, i don't have any cron jobs what so ever, what could i do avoid the periodic disconnection. I even disabled cron function in the magento admin.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is common in shared hosting, and most especially free hosting due to the risk of server abuse. When an account uses too many resources the server slows down. That account will be detected and automatically suspended which is when the server returns to normal speed.

nastus

Reaction score
yeah i only have a very simple forums that will use barely any resources... and this happens to me very often :/

TyRaNtM

Reaction score
Is still weird that this problems keep appearing if you don't use a lot of resources.
We need at least a "tool" for know if we are using a lot of that resources to try to minimize, or the hosting gives to all, more capacity for use more of that.

Last edited:

tedcambron

Reaction score
I'm noticing more posts about this. I read a post where as the person was using plain HTML and they still got suspended for a high resource issue. What's really going on?

TyRaNtM

Reaction score
I'm thinking about some server issues or we are getting more limitations than before.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, i can assure you the limitations have not changed from the original way they were. I can also assure you, plain HTML is not going to cause server issues, there would have been some underlying server-side scripting that was causing the issue for that user. From time to time we see a lot of issues like this, the amount of resources require to get suspended is quite a lot. We try tweaking the script to our best to prevent false suspensions. If you believe you're wrongly suspended and can prove to us, we'd be more than happy to look into an issue with the high resource suspension system. As of yet though, we have yet to find any major flaws in it that would cause someone to be wrongly suspended.

tedcambron

Reaction score
Hello, i can assure you the limitations have not changed from the original way they were. I can also assure you, plain HTML is not going to cause server issues, there would have been some underlying server-side scripting that was causing the issue for that user. From time to time we see a lot of issues like this, the amount of resources require to get suspended is quite a lot. We try tweaking the script to our best to prevent false suspensions. If you believe you're wrongly suspended and can prove to us, we'd be more than happy to look into an issue with the high resource suspension system. As of yet though, we have yet to find any major flaws in it that would cause someone to be wrongly suspended.

How can it be proved that anyone was wrongly suspended?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, i probably worded that wrong. What i mean is if you have a site that's in plain HTML or something like:

<?php
Print "Hello, World!";
?>

Then you get suspended, obviously that's not right. :) I'd love for our users to provide us with feedback on what they were using/what they were doing when they were suspended. All this information can help us determine whether there is an issue. Sorry for wording it wrong, i hope you understand what i mean. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.