Unsuitable Infractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorav

Reaction score
Many X10 Moderators misuse their power and send unneccesary infractions , one shoukd have enough morale and manners to give warnings to user before sending Infractions, Administrator should see about this bcoz it hurts the users and it can decrease the popularity of the forums:mad:

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Several of the more frequent suspension types (e.g., not logging into the forum) are handed out automatically, and users have been forewarned about the criteria for suspension in the ToS.

Honestly, I don't think a high suspension rate is a bad thing. If one's site is suspended once, chances are that one will pay heed to seeing that it doesn't happen again.

--- Mr. DOS

Awesomexr

Reaction score
You deserve the infractions, i've reported you once already. No need to complain, the moderators don't give you infractions for nothing.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Several of the more frequent suspension types (e.g., not logging into the forum) are handed out automatically, and users have been forewarned about the criteria for suspension in the ToS.

Honestly, I don't think a high suspension rate is a bad thing. If one's site is suspended once, chances are that one will pay heed to seeing that it doesn't happen again.

--- Mr. DOS

I think he is talking about infractions not about suspensions. Actually What I feel is two or three days back he loged into forums and he diggup very old threads some are 1 or 1.5 years old and posted there. It is like he posted around in 15 old posts. So that time some staff locked out all the threads and may be they given infractions to him.

This is what i think But I don't know what happend exactly? :dunno:

So this is his response I think about infractions power of staff.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he is talking about infractions not about suspensions. Actually What I feel is two or three days back he loged into forums and he diggup very old threads some are 1 or 1.5 years old and posted there. It is like he posted around in 15 old posts. So that time some staff locked out all the threads and may be they given infractions to him.

This is what i think But I don't know what happend exactly? :dunno:

So this is his response I think about infractions power of staff.

3 years old. 3. And yeah, that -was- the reason, cause I reported 1 and added "Just look in Computers and Technology, there's a bunch more."

Honestly, if he got an infraction, it was indeed warranted. The warning was the last post time being in 2006.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You necrobumped inactive topics back from 2006. It's against our forum rules, and generally the rules on every single forum on the Internet.

The topic is long dead. If it's about a 4 year old graphic card, there is no use discussing it, as there is a lot of newer cards and technology on the market. If a user asked for help to remove a virus 3 years ago, he probably don't need help to remove it anymore as he probably already removed it, and he probable even bought a new computer.

If it was 1 bump it would only been a warning, but you bumped 10+ threads back from 2006, and this isn't acceptable

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Many X10 Moderators misuse their power and send unneccesary infractions , one shoukd have enough morale and manners to give warnings to user before sending Infractions, Administrator should see about this bcoz it hurts the users and it can decrease the popularity of the forums:mad:
Necrobumped?

Suffice to say, infractions/suspensions/etc ARE WARNINGS. The final penalty is a banning/account termination. So just grow up and accept you were a silly boy, and don't do it again.
RollEyes.gif

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Oh, that's what he's on about. I should've figured, but that was a while ago so I thought nothing had come of it.

--- Mr. DOS

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I completely agree, and in most of the forums on here it does say not to bump topics older than 3 months in a sticky.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I consider an infraction a warning as you need multiple before being banned. I do not see anything wrong with the current system.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Status
Not open for further replies.