Unsuspension Request for high resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucdbbs

Reaction score
It seems now I rarely could touch any files on my website.

Once I did, I got a suspension with reason code SPND_RUSAGE3

I was tried to make a backup of my directory (using the cpanel->file manager->compress ) before removing a few files, and just got suspension again.

:dunno::dunno::dunno:
Edit:
And I am sure I still have sufficient free disk space to make a backup...

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I did notice you got suspended again, and yes I did see that it appears to be due to compressing files in file manager.

I have asked an admin to take a closer look, maybe he can find something I'm missing.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a lot files in that directory, it would consume a lot resources to compress them all at once.

ucdbbs

Reaction score
Thank you, Anna.

I am used to use that cpanel function for a website backup. Maybe it's not a good manner.

Could you please tell me a wise method to make a whole website backup on x10hosting?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you, Anna.

I am used to use that cpanel function for a website backup. Maybe it's not a good manner.

Could you please tell me a wise method to make a whole website backup on x10hosting?

Happy Thanksgiving!

I thought that was disabled but there should be a RVbackups which should have a backup of your site where you can download it from. It's on the server zodiac, another way is to download all your files via a FTP client, note it will take a long time.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Anna.

Happy Thanksgiving!
It usually works well to compress and download, as long as the amount of files is not substantial.

As mentioned using an ftp client and download your files is one option, just make sure to not use multiple connections, recommended is to have it limited to 1.

You could possibly try making several compressed archives with fewer files in each, though this could lead to some confusion unless there's a logical way to divide them up.

I did once again unsuspend you.

It is possible your site has outgrown the free hosting package, the resource usage limits are not as strict with premium hosting.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
What backup are you trying? The cPanel one or the one on the backup server?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Now I'm afraid to have a new try of a regular backup...
As long as you don't try to compress your entire public_html folder at once I believe it would be possible to do a backup without hitting the resource limit.

Another question: Do you need to back up all files each time? For me, using wordpress, it is basically only necessary to download a back up of wp_content (where uploaded files/images would be as well as theme files) plus the database.

Same probably applies to most forums, unless you hard coded some hacks/enhancements into the core files.

ucdbbs

Reaction score
I thought that was disabled but there should be a RVbackups which should have a backup of your site where you can download it from. It's on the server zodiac, another way is to download all your files via a FTP client, note it will take a long time.

I thought the RVbackups at zodiac is for online recover only, but not downloadable? Am I wrong?
Edit:
As long as you don't try to compress your entire public_html folder at once I believe it would be possible to do a backup without hitting the resource limit.

Another question: Do you need to back up all files each time? For me, using wordpress, it is basically only necessary to download a back up of wp_content (where uploaded files/images would be as well as theme files) plus the database.

Same probably applies to most forums, unless you hard coded some hacks/enhancements into the core files.

Yes, that was what I tried to do just before the last suspension; though I was compressing the home directory of the wordpress. But considering most stuff is in wp_content directory, I am afraid another suspension would happen if I tried to compress it.
Edit:
What backup are you trying? The cPanel one or the one on the backup server?

Thank you for your tips, Derek. I haven't made any backup yet.

I followed your advice, and tried to connect to the zodiac server. But it's quite slow, after waiting for two hours, the page is now still loading files...

Maybe the only workable way for the backup is to use ftp, but now I am outside and use a public computer. Considering
1. ftp is slow;
2. ftp is not secure
So I can try it after I go back home.:happysad:

Edit:
Before I moved to x10hosting, I used to host at 000webhost, they offered a cpanel function with whole website content backup. The content is automatically compressed and downloadable after a few seconds. Their cpanel also have a database backup function. That's good.

But they don't offer any hosting plan for one-year free usage for only $3 bucks as x10 did. They just suspend and remove everything if you don't login in their website for one or two weeks. That's sad.
Edit:
It usually works well to compress and download, as long as the amount of files is not substantial.

As mentioned using an ftp client and download your files is one option, just make sure to not use multiple connections, recommended is to have it limited to 1.

You could possibly try making several compressed archives with fewer files in each, though this could lead to some confusion unless there's a logical way to divide them up.

I did once again unsuspend you.

It is possible your site has outgrown the free hosting package, the resource usage limits are not as strict with premium hosting.

Yes. Surely I will make an upgrade if I'm sure that those bandwidth usage are from real visitors.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.