Update cPanel

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any specific reason you want 11.30?

Upgrading major versions of cPanel takes a lot of testing, we'll most likely be updating in the next month for free hosting but no guarantees.

jodoloy

Reaction score
11.30 makes some enhancements to the online file manager that would be useful.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
They usually get the latest updates, this one should be no different. :)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
As Corey said, extensive testing is required. It will all happen in due time.

-GH0ST-

Reaction score
Hey OP, a quick fix is to use a 3rd party ftp client. Gives you far more options than any cPanel File Manager ever will regardless of the version.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just a quick note here: due to abuse (it's a common theme 'round these parts) there's a stricter file size limit using FTP vs. CPanel FM. Shouldn't be a problem for most stuff, but it's good to be aware of when you need it.

-GH0ST-

Reaction score
Just a quick note here: due to abuse (it's a common theme 'round these parts) there's a stricter file size limit using FTP vs. CPanel FM. Shouldn't be a problem for most stuff, but it's good to be aware of when you need it.

Woah, that is good to know. Hey essellar, where can I find info like this? Or is it a learn as you go type of thing? Preemptive apology for my ignorance heh.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey essellar, where can I find info like this? Or is it a learn as you go type of thing?

It's mostly learn-as-you-go. It helps to keep an eye on the Free Hosting support forum -- sometimes the admins have to make turn-on-a-dime decisions to stave off the current en vogue method of gaming the system, so the changes are reflected in answers to "I didn't change anything, so what happened" questions before the documentation (what there is) is updated. And keep an eye on the "News and Announcements" as well -- they do try to give us a heads-up whenever they can. (And the limits for file size are in the multi-MB territory in either case, so we're talking lossless audio, video, badly-thought-out Flash -- everything in one big SWF -- and EXEs. Not your average PHP script. Now, if you have an old database dump you need to upload, you might want to do it in pieces...)

-GH0ST-

Reaction score
Thanks man, all good stuff to know. Sorry about hijacking the thread OP, wasn't my intention.

out

Texas

Reaction score
Woah, that is good to know. Hey essellar, where can I find info like this? Or is it a learn as you go type of thing? Preemptive apology for my ignorance heh.

For free hosting accounts, the maximum file size upload via FTP is 16MB, and 64MB via the cPanel file manager. More information can be found through the free hosting comparison page.

As far as upgrading cPanel, I am in support of it, so long as all bugs have been ironed out.