Update Main Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodshot

Reaction score
Hello,

My main domain was previously configured to a custom domain which I have chosen not to renew and my site has become unaccessible. How can I update it to use a different custom domain?

Thanks!

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The new rule is that your main domain name must be x10 supplied.
You can then add your custom domain as either a parked domain (alias for main domain, same content) or as an add on domian (completely different content from main domain).

Please state the x10 subdomain you wish as your main domain and an Admin will be by to change it for you.

Be sure to remove all email accounts, subdomains, etc associated with the old custom name. The system balks if you try to do it after the custom name is removed.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
They don't pass out abc.hosting.com any more (when users mess up, it contaminates the main x10hosting.com domain since email services, blacklists, etc only look at the TLD and refuse to acknowledge that the subdomains are separate sites).

How about cal.x10host.com ?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting this sorted. I have updated your main domain and it should be reflected in your control panel shortly.
Please note that there may be a small dalay before it is properly functional (propagation time), also don't forget to update any scripts you may have to reflect this change.

Status
Not open for further replies.