Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Today we will be upgrading cPanel on all our free servers. This may cause periods of slowness as it does take roughly an hour or so to complete.

I will also be recompiling all PHP versions to 5.2.9 and adding support for some requested extensions in all versions.

Later tonight we will be adding about 15,000 accounts to the termination queue. We stopped terminating suspended accounts since the new site launch just in case there were any bugs. We also wanted to allow everyone ample time to unsuspend themselves from inactivity. We will be getting back on schedule now with our suspensions and terminations. This will greatly improve server stability once complete.

Questions?

We do not provide support in news threads

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
woah 15000 accounts?
lets see

15000 x 500MB = 7500000MB / 1024 = 7324 Gigs or 7.1 TB of space they could be using

how much storage do you have on your free servers(i know most hardly use any of there storage)

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
We do not have that much storage (I'm not sure of the exact figure). However most of the account that will be deleted are using none to only a couple of MBs of space.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't so much about freeing up space but getting rid of entries in a lot of configuration files and other places that really slow things down. Apache takes a lot longer to restart for example when there are 100,000 unneeded lines :p

cPanel updates were successful. I had to re-do some configurations with PHP for some changes to 5.2.9. It is currently recompiling on all servers and will be done within the hour. I will then move on to the terminations. If all testing goes well we will run it live later tonight. It will most likely take a few days to get through all the terminations.

beefderky

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks for all of the work and updates.

For all those complaining about the GD Library, it's now part of my standard free hosting package and works great!

Thanks again

Naysha

Reaction score
this will upgrade php version to intermediate??.. i really need it!!.. now i can't publish new articles in joomla using highslide or tabs inside.. is really annoying!!

i am very grateful for your excellent dedication corey... i will continue waiting for news in this issue.

Naysha.

yulifan

Reaction score
Will this cPanel update fix the Account Inactivity Timer?

In my cpanel on Lotus it shows that the Inactivity Counter is not working (it shows on red text) and it shows some HTTP error at the header of the cpanel. It started showing this when the Lotus server was restored.

I can't check it right now to copy the text, but I think you know what I mean.

Reaction score
I believe that the inactivity timer was coded in by our admins. When it's ready, it's ready and will show.

The cpanel upgrade I imagine would fix that http error in the header.

pythondev

Reaction score
I assume that zend was upgraded on all of these as well, as sitebuilder scripts no longer parse on 2 servers that I know of... phpinfo() works fine but zend is

Code:
Zend�2003120702�1�52218�219996�xù Ÿ2ܽMˆ$G–.ê￾•C×ψ‚^Ì…PJ¥ªšî¬r7sws¯RUO¶*»U£úëÊÔH#õ(ˆÌðÌ)2#oDdýHU jxƒàÂÀk†‹ ͘Uo´é–†{áÁð ￾yhta@ Å]Ìæí.Úˆz瘻›ûq¯¾³x<Í´Tö¹Ù±cç;vÌìz¤Ðþè-%Þ%ädÄYÄ¢H€ƒ￾3ÿ_Ÿ½röâ3Ù_ýøÏ￾åLNɇÓb·?-ǃíâÔjœFyš%Œái6ŸŽà§V#%Œ'h•DPÜ?Ã\v2I“HdBÓ`v´…È(Ë™HDÇèómOfóÁÁ~Ž¢(￾YÈ¥(îŒÆE¿¸uÏNEygq’502;“ÃâàTM<Ù~￾Y$$)òb§˜ìœŒD

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
The inactivity timer script was coded by us, and due to changes in the way our backend scripts/system works, it was giving errors so it's been taken off line until we fix it, and also update it to reflect on the users whom have the 1yr no inactivity option on their accounts. As always, thanks for being a part of x10Hosting!

themcman1

Reaction score
Have you read the first post?

cPanel upgrade, PHP upgrade + some account terminations.

darktears

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry im new x10hosting user, with the update of 5.2.9, does it mean that the error below will b fixed ? and able to use the admin/php(sitebuilder)?

However, i got another question: In my cpanel php it show 5.2.9, but at my Account Panel Home php show 5.2.8 Version 1 - Basic. May i know why ?

Thanks

Code:
Zend�2003120702�1�36988�177809�xù Ÿ2ì½_

dvanillailla

Reaction score
Hi All,

Today we will be upgrading cPanel on all our free servers. This may cause periods of slowness as it does take roughly an hour or so to complete.

I will also be recompiling all PHP versions to 5.2.9 and adding support for some requested extensions in all versions.

Later tonight we will be adding about 15,000 accounts to the termination queue. We stopped terminating suspended accounts since the new site launch just in case there were any bugs. We also wanted to allow everyone ample time to unsuspend themselves from inactivity. We will be getting back on schedule now with our suspensions and terminations. This will greatly improve server stability once complete.

Questions?

We do not provide support in news threads
Zend is still screwed up. Will this be finally fixed by today or tomorrow?

dvanillailla

Reaction score
They know about this. It will be reinstalled as soon as possible.

Well it's been since 30 Mar. That's how many days? Over a week? Yes! Almost 2 WEEKS Yes! Unacceptable for free hosting the claims it has PHP support? YES!

Please tech support, Reinstall asap. I know this is free, But it's getting out-of-hand. I don't think I deserve to wait a month to use a php script like Joomla.

LunarSage

Reaction score
Well it's been since 30 Mar. That's how many days? Over a week? Yes! Almost 2 WEEKS Yes! Unacceptable for free hosting the claims it has PHP support? YES!

Please tech support, Reinstall asap. I know this is free, But it's getting out-of-hand. I don't think I deserve to wait a month to use a php script like Joomla.

Believe me I know the feeling but I have been waiting 4 months for my php scripts to work again... I have to use my computer here just for my php scripts to work.... plus the site has been going up and down for weeks now so people do not want to visit it. I know this is a free service but it would be nice if the admins were more accurate when they say certain things will be fixed in a certain amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.