Upgrade to unmeatered

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenovax1

Reaction score
Hi, do you know if maybe you can upgrade my account to unmeatered? thanks in advanced.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The account needs to be at least 7 days old, and that is counting from when the current hosting account was created and not from when you first signed up for one.

Further more we do no longer jump to unmetered, we would increase the space to become the double once you qualify. Should you run out of space again we can increase the available space if a request is made and it is needed.

jenovax1

Reaction score
The account needs to be at least 7 days old, and that is counting from when the current hosting account was created and not from when you first signed up for one.

Further more we do no longer jump to unmetered, we would increase the space to become the double once you qualify. Should you run out of space again we can increase the available space if a request is made and it is needed.

Since when did you stop upgrading to unmetered? I didn't see anything in announcements...

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Since when did you stop upgrading to unmetered? I didn't see anything in announcements...

I have a free account as well, but would have replied with a "thank you" for something given for free.

Last edited:

jenovax1

Reaction score
I'm have a free account as well, but would have replied with a "thank you" for something given for free.

I had forgotten why I don't ask for support in this forum. Community is fucking cancer.
Thanks for reminding me. Won't post in this forum again. Dickwads.

jenovax1

Reaction score
Swearing..really? At your request on another thread, I seen your site. Looks like a 1 minute Wordpress install. Not sure why it needs more disc space.

Of course I am gonna swear. I'm pissed off at the attitude that this community has. Borderline Elitist. Also, if you want to talk about another thread, stay in that thread.

jenovax1

Reaction score
I would recommend losslessly optimizing your images. For example I was able to optimize http://jenova.x10.mx/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/2018-04-15-10_27_00-Untitled.png from 610,059 bytes to 397,923 bytes for a savings of 212,136 bytes using FileOptimizer. This will free up additional space.

Thank you for trying to help. This is the kind of thing I like to see out of a community. Not people questioning my motives or criticizing my website. Anyway, I just wanted to know if i was able to get Unmeatered, but as @Anna already said, they dont offer that anymore. I just wanted to know why. Do you have any information on that? I don't see it anywhere on the site about this change.

jenovax1

Reaction score
This was mentioned in https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/request-for-unmetered-storage-please.205246/#post-968217 and https://x10hosting.com/community/th...-web-hosting-site-at-no-2.205273/#post-968344 . Reasons mentioned in the second one. Even companies as large as Apple and Google don't offer unmetered storage on their free tier.

OK, that helps a lot. I thought they might make it an announcement because of the context of the policy change. Thanks anyway. :)

kenny9

Reaction score
I agree with RMS about you feeling that you need to curse and use vulgarity, it only shows a narrow mind. It was my comments about your web site in the other thread (which you ask for). If you use a little decorum instead of demanding you will not need to get your panties in knot.

jenovax1

Reaction score
I agree with RMS about you feeling that you need to curse and use vulgarity, it only shows a narrow mind. It was my comments about your web site in the other thread (which you ask for). If you use a little decorum instead of demanding you will not need to get your panties in knot.

If you want to talk about my character, shoot me a DM. Otherwise it's off topic.

kenny9

Reaction score
See, I didn't have to curse and swear to get your panties in an uproar. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.