Upload limit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackheart99999

Reaction score
Hi !
I want to upload a 25MB file to my site. But seems like x10hosting does not allow more than 8 mb... Is that right ?
If yes, then is there a way to get this 25 mb file to be downloaded by my site visitors ?

Thank you in advance.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You can upload it another way besides CPanel (ftp or webdisk).

ivandist

Reaction score
You can split a file in several .zip archives, upload and then decompress them through the File Manager in you Cpanel.
After that you can always select those files and COMPRESS them again to become just one file.

Not the best solution but if you can't use the FTP or Webdisk there's no more solutions, unless you create your own upload "program"/script ;)

blackheart99999

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply !

Well, its an .exe file ! And i'm using ftp client.

Is there any other free webhosting which i can use as a file storage site, and place direct link to my site visitors !
But it should have unlimited upload file size limit ! or atleast 35mb !

Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
You cannot run exe files on x10 servers, unless you are storing it for users to download?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I would recommend storing it as a zip file in any case.

Remember that all files on your account has to related to your site, you can not use your webspace as a file storage.

Further more you can not store any files that you do not have the copyright holders written consent to distribute.

You may offer applications, script and other stuff you have created as downloads to your visitors.

blackheart99999

Reaction score
Chillax guys !!

I'm a graphic designer and Im giving motion graphics in the form of raw files as flv/swf etc and as screensavers ! Thats why the file which I'm talking about is a screensaver installer (.exe)!
fine ?

Now, how can I get it on my site for download ?

And, what you mean ? if I upload the file as a .zip archive, will x10hosting allow me to upload any file size ?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
If you use an FTP client, you should be able to upload a file of any size-I have done before. Try filezilla, and use the login information on your ftp page in cPanel.

blackheart99999

Reaction score
Well It always comes up with an error, and when I go to my cpanel to view if the file has been uploaded (even partially) but I don't find anything there....

Everything uploads successfully but the 25mb file ! I have tried with a 17mb file aswell... No results....!

I'm using "core ftp"

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Well It always comes up with an error, and when I go to my cpanel to view if the file has been uploaded (even partially) but I don't find anything there....

Everything uploads successfully but the 25mb file ! I have tried with a 17mb file aswell... No results....!

I'm using "core ftp"

What is the error that pops up? Could you copy and paste the error message here?

blackheart99999

Reaction score
Ok.... Heres the error !

Im trying to upload a 28mb file and with filezilla it uploads to abt 18% (5mb) then it says "connection timed out" and it tries to connect automatically.... gets back to 18% and again "connection timed out" and it keeps on happening ! and after several error loops it cancels the upload "Could not connect to server" !

And I've checked that my internet was working perfectly when the problem occurred !

Edit:
Atlast !!! File successfully uploaded !!

What I did this time is when it tries to reconnect, it says "file already exists" and I used to click "overwrite" this time I clicked "resume if size different"
Though it disconnected several times but I clicked the same prompt and "Voila" I got it !

But it slows down the upload speed ! My average upload speed is abt 50kbps but in filezilla it drops to abt 12kbps !!

And I have a 43mb file aswell:biggrin: Will x10hosting free account allow me to upload that file ? Obviously via filezilla...

Thank you in advance !

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Glad filezilla works for you :)

I use it, and I think its a pretty good bit of software.

You should be allowed to upload any size of file, but remember you have a 500mb quota on a free account.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.