Uploaded a new image

Status
Not open for further replies.

semsemx1

Reaction score
Not Found
The requested URL /images/card_1.gif was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It shows it does exist in the images directory, both via browser and cPanel. Tried three browsers, hard refreshing each of them, including one browser never used to access the site (to see if it was a cache issue), nothing.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
It's loading fine on my end.

semsemx1

Reaction score
It now is for me as well. Uploaded another image, same thing's going on. It'll probably be resolved in 15-20 minutes like the last one was. Might be the server is caching things?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
It'll probably be resolved in 15-20 minutes like the last one was. Might be the server is caching things?
x10hosting free-hosting servers are now using [ Varnish ] for caching
I have been receiving reports from my students of a delay - from zero to 45 minutes - before they can 'see' files uploaded to their site

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Caching shouldn't affect new files.... i'll look into this.

In the meantime, put this in the htaccess for the folder you don't want cached:

Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
In the meantime, put this in the htaccess for the folder you don't want cached:
Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
That work-around has been in my [ .htaccess ] file - inside folder [ public_html ] - from the first day it was posted in this forum

however I see this in the [ Response Headers ]...
[Cache-Control] [private, max-age=14400, pre-check=14400, max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate]

this is the line from my [ .htaccess ] file...
[ Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate" ]

Status
Not open for further replies.