User Panel

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Another thing is in this panel you can login if even if you get suspended on form. i was suspended a while back and the e-mail I get says view the Pm why you were suspended here: And its a link to the forum wich you cannot view because your supended! So in the panel have suspension/warning dates reasons and when they will be deleted.

Cynical

Reaction score
I think he meant more of an integrated/instant way of doing it, like a forum module or something.

hoster123

idiot
Reaction score
Somehow, perhaps integrate AWSTATS (from the users cpanel) into it...

Username change, domain name change, etc, all great ideas.

You can become domain name resellers at many domain registrars, even automated email systems!

For the deleting accounts idea, how about:

1. You click the delete button (get a warning and chance to undo it)
2. Get an email with a link to a confirmation page
3. You enter a code that you got in your registration email (So that you need the original email to do so)
4. then it is suspended until 2 weeks later when it is deleted (Time for people to say help if their account was hijacked)

My 2 cents

Tom

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
hoster123 said:
Somehow, perhaps integrate AWSTATS (from the users cpanel) into it...

Username change, domain name change, etc, all great ideas.

You can become domain name resellers at many domain registrars, even automated email systems!

For the deleting accounts idea, how about:

1. You click the delete button (get a warning and chance to undo it)
2. Get an email with a link to a confirmation page
3. You enter a code that you got in your registration email (So that you need the original email to do so)
4. then it is suspended until 2 weeks later when it is deleted (Time for people to say help if their account was hijacked)

My 2 cents

Tom

Thats actually a very good idea. Its not really risky. it seems like a long process tho....

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
We cna't give a code in the activation email. Many people already have it. We could find a way though.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
I think, that maybe exchange things like, in my example i don't use any mysql db, maybe i could exchange them for more emails or so, bandwith, space, etc...

XColl

Reaction score
I have an Idea.

You know about the suspension thing when you don't log on for those two weeks? Maybe you can have it built in inside the User Panel, of course logging in interface, User and Password but the thing doesn't take cookies so where ever you're at it doesn't save the cookie onto your computer, like when you log out, you shouldn't be able to access to CPanel anymore or what ever you guys plan to do.

dharmil

Reaction score
Add SOme thing WHen some one gets supended it tells them why they got suspended and how many days they have left till they are not suspended again.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
billybob bo buck said:
i think that was already suggested, dharmil

If you get suspended it will tell you in your account panel, you can also see the reason why by clicking on it.

-Corey

Chris Z

Reaction score
may i suggest another thing like Windows Live Custom Domains, so we could all have emails like username@x10hosting.com and maybe implement that into the user control panel? i think that would be cool to just have a little embedded window to view mail if we did the Windows Live Custom Domains thing :)

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
That could be an option to be bought in x10Rewards.

Origin

Reaction score
How about a web-ticket system, or is the forum sufficient?

XColl

Reaction score
Ah, I got another one.

A live support chat inside the User Panel where you ask one of the staffs a question about the services and such.

Origin

Reaction score
Redundancies normally aren't good, though. We have the IRC.

If that's the case how about a JAVA or Flash or AJAX IRC client?

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
We have LiveHelp and also the forum is very good. If you are using RVSkin in your cpanel, there's a ticket submisison system.

Reclutador

Reaction score
You can introduce in the form a contact support, one live chat to emergencies. (sounds good)

Edit: i saw that someone told the LiveHelp, and LiveChat it's the same thing..

And a contact form? i think that is better than contact via PM

Last edited:

iubtalks

Reaction score
I used user panel. it need more things to be done. as password changer of cpanel through forum controll panel. :)

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
iubtalks said:
I used user panel. it need more things to be done. as password changer of cpanel through forum controll panel. :)

You can change your cPanel pass through the forum panel.

-Corey