Votes: 117 86.7%
  • Forced ads

Votes: 18 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ƒorte

Reaction score
I vote user placed ads. It's better because you can decide where it will go...

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I like Dark's idea, let them choose between forced and user-placed.

DMacK

Reaction score
Definitley going with user placed, because even though corporate has to be at the top we can still incorporate it into the design of our site. For those that do not know how just ask someone for help who knows how.

Cynical

Reaction score
I say forced -- it surprises me how many people can't figure out how to copy and paste a code onto their pages, but it is often hard to incorporate the ad-code onto every page for installations of certain scripts like forums, etc. Forced ads would take care of this.

humphrey

Reaction score
XUnreal said:
Omg what are you thinking? It would look better user-placed so then you can put ads in to fit into the template you have now or in a forum. Rather that having that stuck at the top.

i agree with XUnreal. I think putting ads by urself would be... more user-friendly.

if it was user-put, can u make it a popup?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I dont think the problem is people DONT know how to put them up. I think the problem is if there user placed people think they dont have to. I feel they should be user placed like they are, with a time limit to put them up like it is, and if there not put up in that amount of time the account is terminated on the spot no questions. If the user wants to sign up again an try it, fine. 3 strikes and your out. go some where else to get hosting because your wasting our time here, after the 3rd strike. IMHO

cuthisarminarf

Reaction score
I opted for user placed ads.
Simply because I think it would make all pages look nicer.
If a website that has ads, still looks well layed out and presented, you will have more people not worried about applying ads to pages as their website will still look very presentable.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I think user placed ad's is better. If we do forced it will be hrader on the staff and that would be bad. I think you should give both options to all the users. If they want to you can. If they don't then don't.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bigguy said:
I dont think the problem is people DONT know how to put them up. I think the problem is if there user placed people think they dont have to. I feel they should be user placed like they are, with a time limit to put them up like it is, and if there not put up in that amount of time the account is terminated on the spot no questions. If the user wants to sign up again an try it, fine. 3 strikes and your out. go some where else to get hosting because your wasting our time here, after the 3rd strike. IMHO
Best idea yet right here, Can you have some sorta script set up like after 5 days or somthing if the ad's are not up it auto terminates the account and after three times it sets an auto ip block.

Last edited:

WoMBaT

Reaction score
Please let us keep the user-place-ad.
I like it more because we can put it in a cooler place.
Voted user-placed ads

WoMBaT

Reaction score
Mr. Brownlove said:
Best idea yet right here, Can you have some sorta script set up like after 5 days or somthing if the ad's are not up it auto terminates the account and after three times it sets an auto ip block.

Its too easy to get a new ip. Just ask your internet provider for a new one... OR just use a proxy. ip blocking won't realy help.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting guys!! so so sorry! didn't mean it!

Last edited:

jensen

Reaction score
User placed ads for me too. Hmm... another script? Just cut and paste would be fine.

HrvckRacer29

Reaction score
User place ads by far. Its one of the things that sets x10Hosting from the other hosting companies.

Not to sound harsh but If you don't know how to copy and paste ad code onto your webpage. Then you really shouldn't be building a website.

Last edited:

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
HrvckRacer29 said:
Not to sound harsh but If you don't know how to copy and paste ad code onto your webpage. Then you really shouldn't be building a website.

I think I agree here.

Aroonxors

Reaction score
User placed :] Just because its easier... And i also agree with HrvckRacer29.

dekarvn

Reaction score
i'd say user-place, because it will be more flexible for the user to put the ads somewhere in the page and they won't ruin the outcomes of their pages...

kouhi

Reaction score
Why dont you write a tutorial or have a section of the board where members can request the help of others to put the code in. But when it comes to phpbb some of the coding doesnt work like the corprate banner didnt work for me before but when i resignup i will be using the advanced plan anyway and that code works fine.

Forced ad's make a site look ugly and crude, atleast with user placable ad's the webmasters can fit the advert into the template so its still deffiently visible but doesnt make the template look a mess.

Articz

Reaction score
i think user placed adds are best as then the webmasters can atually deside places to put the ads whereas if it was forced it would be either at the top of the page and may make peoples sites look funny if you no what i mean

Status
Not open for further replies.