Votes: 117 86.7%
  • Forced ads

Votes: 18 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pawanrh

Reaction score
If you can keep an option! Is it possible thru cPanel.. Maybe an applet that will activate Ads.. For those who dont activate will have to put by themselves or lose their account!

ggarcia2

Reaction score
Altought my expirience in the subjet is not very good i like user placed ads, i don't use it because i have the static plan.. but i tried out some other hosting with a forced ads and they make a mess in my page and my page is not a hard design to make...

Voted for user placed ads

PS: Sorry if my english sucks

i will try to make a tutorial for that user that don't know how to put ther ads but (as you can see/read/hear) my english is not that good so i'll make it in spanish and then find the way to translated.

if anyone want to help i'm here and i heve a lot of time to spere...:kdubb::drool:

Last edited:

Oni

Reaction score
Uh User, it's not hard and you can put them anywhere you want to make it go with your site!

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
User placed adds, its much better, like some one mentioned you can put the add to fit with your forum/website template instead of ontop.

B

Brandon

User placed ads. Shoutboxes will look horrible with a line of code in it.

Nate_Benton

Reaction score
Forced would save the staff time on checking for sites that don't have ads...
But user placed seems more nice.

jensen

Reaction score
Am still struggling with getting the ads up on e107. Have tried at least 3 methods to get the ads into the welcome page. The closest is to make a banner but I read that we need to use the ads with the codes in it, not just a link to x10hosting.com

Maybe we can have a topic on putting ads then the subtopics would have posts on how to add your ads in joomla, e107, word press etc...

I vote for user placed ads but it's harder than I imagined.

B

Brandon

I think this poll has ended. :) We have continued not to force ads.

dharmil

Reaction score
pawanrh said:
If you can keep an option! Is it possible thru cPanel.. Maybe an applet that will activate Ads.. For those who dont activate will have to put by themselves or lose their account!

this is a good idea

dharmil

Reaction score
but its still a good ides if you want to program

i am not saying you have to do it i am just saying its a good idea

dsfreak

Reaction score
User placed, as having ads that force themselves into the page can really make the page it forces them into look horrible.

Revolution

Reaction score
maybe you could make people choose when they sign up, like you want forced ads or user placed ?

Arucard98

Reaction score
oh crap i voted user posted ads, but I meant forced, forced ads are better because you guys get some recognition, they aren't that big, and if they weren't forced, they wouldn't happen, except for me, i'd place them if they weren't forced anyways

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
STOP POSTING HERE!!

This was decided and ended a long long time ago!!

hyeclass

Reaction score
Corey said:
TheBlazingAngel :

People try to play the ads into so many different scripts and CMSs that it would take a long time to make tutorials for each one to show how to put ads in....

Swirly:

No clue what you just said.

-Corey
if anybody wants to team up with me we can make a little tutorial section....

Status
Not open for further replies.