Users stealing credits..

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am hoping by now...the thieves turned themselves in, and are probably not going to be shown on this, which is kind of nice for Russ doing.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
well its more better if those thefs get IP Banned. that way you wont have to worry yourself about it

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
well its more better if those thefs get IP Banned. that way you wont have to worry yourself about it
If you do that you will ban me, after all my brother is on the same IP as me (shadowdragon) and he did it, even though I did not know. I am sorry bout that everyone, you know how little brothers can be. I don't agree with users steeling these credits! Just earn them like an honest person!

~Coldfirezz

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Almost all the people listed made multiple accounts just to donate the credits. They knew exactly what they were doing. We made a news post and gave anyone the opportunity to step forward before we banned them, I think that is quite fair.

There is never an excuse for a staff member to break the rules, and never an excuse not to read the news section. If anyone should be keeping up to date on what is going on, it should be staff.

I'm sure we'll find a few more people as we look closer at the credits. If you submit a request for something from the reward section you can bet we check where every single credit came from ;).

lair360

Reaction score
Russ the Bus, I like it.. And, all of the ones I got had done the following, Setup more than one other account, donated the signup credits to one account, and never used the other accounts. The accounts they drained had no posts, and some of the users had set up more than 50 accounts doing this.

OMG...this also makes the SQL database larger! That is very bad and its even worse than a car breaking down!! It also drains X10 bandwidth for processing these scam / fake accounts!

~Lair360

BritAngel

Reaction score
I didn't know we could do that... however... i think it's not fair to "donate" credits to other who don't take the time to post here.

Helheste

Reaction score
This is completely pathetic. It should take 75 accounts to make 5$ with this technique, right?
well,....spend that amount of time on working, and you have a lot more then 5$

lair360

Reaction score
This is completely pathetic. It should take 75 accounts to make 5$ with this technique, right?
well,....spend that amount of time on working, and you have a lot more then 5$

Good calculation! Well...these moderator has to put a sticker on their heads saying: "I cheat and I want money!"

Accept for Coldfirezz, he's not getting blame. He has a brother...

wazza6

Reaction score
(sorry if somebody ever made the same post)
Wow dude they really have -100 000 credits... i tought it was a joke :p good job!

Max1337

Reaction score
Almost all the people listed made multiple accounts just to donate the credits. They knew exactly what they were doing. We made a news post and gave anyone the opportunity to step forward before we banned them, I think that is quite fair.

There is never an excuse for a staff member to break the rules, and never an excuse not to read the news section. If anyone should be keeping up to date on what is going on, it should be staff.

I'm sure we'll find a few more people as we look closer at the credits. If you submit a request for something from the reward section you can bet we check where every single credit came from ;).

Actually I was busy with my job... So didn't really have time, sorry :dunno: lol
If you could give me a second chance though...... :naughty:

rmaslic

Reaction score
I am very glad to see that the X10 staff is looking into this. These people who steal credits are committing a crime.

warlordste

Reaction score
it goes to show you break the rules you will be found out in the end. My point is don't do it stick by the rules and if your a staff set a good example to the rest and pay closer attention to the rules. you were given that position to make sure the forums are a happy and safe place to be not to break the trust and try to steal credits.

zen-r

Reaction score
Let's hope this thread doesn't turn into a lynch mob - not nice.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Going to close this now as I think the point has been made :)

Status
Not open for further replies.