VB forum help

mifuyu

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to fix bugs on VBulletin board? A friend of mine is having problems regarding the avatar and signature pictures option. Members can't upload it from their computer, and they can't enter web url's as well. If someone knows how to fix it, please let me know. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks! ^^

TheMan177

Reaction score
Well what is the problem exactly? If the options to do either of those things aren't there you might be able to enable them via the admin control panel. If the options actually exist, what happens when the members try to update them? Do you get an error message, or does it just not update?

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I think I may know. Is his/her forum new? If so, then he needs to change the options. I don't know where they are, because I have never seen Vb, because I have IPB, but I hear they are very similar. On IPB, there is an option where you set the amount of usage they can use for the avatar or maybe try the options for the mime types. Maybe the forum doesn't allow those types of mime types, because he accidentally took them off of list or needs to add them. mime types are the type of file that is allowed to upload. Such as, .gif, .jpg, .png, etc. If he is using a Warez version of Vb then he shouldn't have a forum at all. I get the feeling that he is, because he would of asked Vb for help at their site and he wouldn't be having this problem without knowing the reason why it happened.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Well I'm sure there shouldn't be this bug unless this isn't a legit copy.