Vending Machine (Game)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You get those last 50 dollars.

I insert my ipod touch which I already have which works great as a phone!

zen-r

Reaction score
You get a decent phone like mine, which is also a sat nav, a pda/computer, an mp3/video player, a net browser, a ..........(does ichwar still want to keep mentioning everywhere that he's got that new bloomin' ipod?! ;) )

I insert my Post count.

definition-ichwar_annoying20090624.jpg

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Ichwar is trying to lure me back into the conversation, but then I look down at all those quotes and...

You get a soda.

I insert pie (the number).

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You get some baked dough!

I insert my new ipod which will do every thing that zener's phone will do, and more! What with its 3.5" touch screen, seamless integration with google maps, google earth, as well as a great location finder, not to mention the thousands of great free apps in the apple store available for download at any time, my iPod touch quite beats out zener's thing he calls a phone.

zen-r

Reaction score
You get a coffin.

I insert a card of sympathy to ichwar for having an ipod which isn't a real mobile phone like mine because his relies on wifi. He also has to pay extra for mapping services, which again rely on a wifi connection whereas mine has GPS with an entire map of Europe built in (easily expandable). It also has a touch screen & a keyboard which his doesn't have, 2 memory card slots, plus it is a proper PDA (computer) & doesn't have the limitation of needing apps or being locked into Apple software.

Is ichwar ready to throw his away now? :biggrin:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You get wifi where ever you go!

I insert my still working ipod, the capabilities of which zen-r has quite underestimated.
I don't have to pay extra for mapping service, google maps came integrated with the ipod! Of course google maps has the whole world, not just europe. Also, my ipod most definitely does have a touch screen, and with the keyboard right on the screen has a much larger screen than zen-r's phone could ever boast. Also, my ipod is not locked into apple software. Anyone who wants can write software for the ipod. I could write software for my ipod if I wanted to take the time. Oh yeah, I mustn't forget to mention that with the internal 16gb memory, and a docking port at the base that I can use to plugin additional flash memory at any time, my ipod can hold more than zen-r's "phone".

Does zen-r feel like trashing his little piece of plastic that he carries around with him now?

zen-r

Reaction score
You get a useless piece of plastic (ie. it hasn't changed)

I insert another card of sympathy because I never said his ipod didn't have a touchscreen, just no keyboard. I also have touchscreen, so my virtual keyboard, should I wish to use it, is no smaller than his. I also have world maps, which, unlike his junk, won't stop the GPS from working the moment he doesn't have access to wifi signals, which are notoriously unreliable or non-existent in most countries.

So ichwar's ipod doesn't have a proper mobile (cell) phone built in like mine, or 2 memory card slots (which allows instant data addition/ removal) - & is actually just a glorified MP3 player. Which leaves him to bragging about it having a docking port, which everyone has! ;)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You get a certificate stating that you've got your facts wrong. Not any pda can have flash memory plugged in to its dock port. Also, my ipod is metal, not plastic like yours. On top of that, my google maps works just fine with out wifi, I just have to find an initial wifi, enter my start and end points, let it map my route, and then I can disconnect from the wifi and my ipod will give me step by step directions all the way to my destination.

I insert a zen-r that is turning green with envy.

zen-r

Reaction score
You get a zen-r that still thinks that the ipod's "GPS" is a joke because most people don't want to have to keep finding wifi access & downloading data for every change they decide or have to make in their journey, let alone when they go away & don't know what journeys they will be needing to make. And no-one's even mentioned Bluetooth (which mine has, & an IR port, & a removable lithium battery, so I can carry spares).

I insert a pep-pill to help cheer up ichwar, who is now looking quite miserable :biggrin:

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
You get nothing because you already inserted him yesterday.

I insert alexandgruntz's lack of imagination. ;)

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You get something we all know about.

I insert my new iPod which boasts an exceptional battery, capable of running for 35 hours straight and can be fully charged in less than two hours, from either USB ac wall outlet or the car. That's much more convenient than having to flop out batteries every now and then. Oh yeah, did I mention that I get all the functionality of a phone but without any of the cost of a cellular plan?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You get something that has already come out several times before.

I insert Zener for not being on the forums right now.

zen-r

Reaction score
And now for a short intermission........

.... an exceptional battery, capable of running for 35 hours straight and can be fully charged in less than two hours, from either USB ac wall outlet or the car. That's much more convenient than having to flop out batteries every now and then.

Actually, it's far less convenient. My can also charge the way yours can (as do most people's devices). But when yours goes flat, you can't do anything about it until you've got yourself connected up to a charger (not much good if you're travelling, unless you have a portable charging device - which is still inconvenient to carry, leave connected, & is slow). I can instantly swap out batteries if I need to, & swap in fresh batteries. So NAH!!

.... Oh yeah, did I mention that I get all the functionality of a phone but without any of the cost of a cellular plan?

You did, repeatedly, all over the forum. But you keep neglecting to mention the fact that it isn't a proper mobile (cell) phone, with proper mobile (cell) phone connectivity. Yours relies on finding a wifi access point (unlike mine, which can also access wifi should I want it to). So NAH!!, NAH!!, and DOUBLE-NAH!! ;)

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
But I never need to swap out batteries because I'm never away from a charging port for 35 hours of ipod use! So my ipod is still more convenient because by having a fixed battery, it has a very slim profile. 8mm thick to be precise. I know your phone isn't that thin ;P

And, my ipod is proper enough since I can find free/hack secure wife networks pretty much anywhere I go! And it's all free, unlike the expensive plan you have to pay for.

zen-r

Reaction score
You get a lot of nonsense from an MP3 player owner who mistakenly thinks he owns a phone.

I insert a peanut butter sandwich.