Volunteer to setup an IRC Server

kushalissocool

Reaction score
I have an Linux VPS and am trying to set up a IRC Server. But even after a lot of trying and repeated attempts I wasn't successful. So, can anyone please volunteer to set up the IRC??

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
What kind of IRC server? Do you want services installed as well?

st0re.fc26

Reaction score
I have an Linux VPS and am trying to set up a IRC Server. But even after a lot of trying and repeated attempts I wasn't successful. So, can anyone please volunteer to set up the IRC??

It's soo easy man you just need to have gcc installed for make comand

or read this tutorial
Code:
http://www.lunarshells.com/install_unrealircd.php

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It's also worth noting that X10VPSes aren't allowed to have IRC installed. So, if you have an IRC server elsewhere, you're good to go.

denzil

Reaction score
would you be allowed to have IRC on a dedicated server here at x10?

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Due to an increase in IRC services used for BotNets, Filesharing and a number of other illegal, unethical items. It should be allowed on a Dedicated VPS though

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Due to an increase in IRC services used for BotNets, Filesharing and a number of other illegal, unethical items. It should be allowed on a Dedicated VPS though

Wrong. Our VPS ToS is global.

Since we don't offer Dedicated SERVERS (We offer dedicated CPU on Virtual Private Servers), the terms are still applicable.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
I would like to point out, while the IRC is explicitly stated in the terms, if you ask and let corey know you wish to run an IRC server, he may allow you. No guarantees though.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I would like to point out, while the IRC is explicitly stated in the terms, if you ask and let corey know you wish to run an IRC server, he may allow you. No guarantees though.
Ask very, very nicely and send a large jar of peanut butter and some cookies to the corporate headquarters and then maybe, just maybe......

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
Ask very, very nicely and send a large jar of peanut butter and some cookies to the corporate headquarters and then maybe, just maybe......

Haha! I like it =)

Although every scenario is different, your personal situation would have to be evaluated to ensure you weren't going to be running anything dodgy...