VOX is crappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquariumHobbyist

Reaction score
why do i get this anytime i try to navigate from page to page on my site ??

503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

Sakimabear

Reaction score
1) 503 just means the server is busy
2)You know, I get a little annoyed when users start becoming a little hostile to X10. they DO NOT have to allow any of us free hosting. If you are that unhappy go spend your hard earned money and pay for webhosting. Yes, there are at times, some issues with this service, but be respectful that they let you enjoy the service. They can just as quick forbid you permanently from using the service. The old adage is you treat people as you want be treated.

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
1) 503 just means the server is busy
2)You know, I get a little annoyed when users start becoming a little hostile to X10. they DO NOT have to allow any of us free hosting. If you are that unhappy go spend your hard earned money and pay for webhosting. Yes, there are at times, some issues with this service, but be respectful that they let you enjoy the service. They can just as quick forbid you permanently from using the service. The old adage is you treat people as you want be treated.

You are correct that X10hosting.com does not have to allow anyone to host their website here for free, but not everyone is using their service for free, some of us use their service by paying them, but besides weather someone is using it for free or if they are paying for their service, a person should not be using all of the usage that causes other websites to go down non-stop. I can understand if the website owner is not aware that their website is using a lot usage and the admins should bring it to whomever’s site so they can find and fix the issue and if they chose not to do anything than they should be suspended.

Sakimabear

Reaction score
I totally agree with you. My main rant was with the users who are using the Free Hosting. Anyone who is paying for hosting should definately expect more services.

AquariumHobbyist

Reaction score
Did you just fall off the turnip truck Sakimabear ?? nobody gets hosted "for free" x10 makes money off everyone who uses this service paid or free, thats why you have to sign in to the portal monthly, they get paid for the page hits in some way. My point is if you advertise a good service, free or paid, that should be provided if a member holds up their end, there is no excuse for poor service. My site uses very minimal resources as its brand new, very little traffic, very little content, and -0- resource sucking code. Why should i have to suffer the poor performance and down time because some other jerk wads abuse the service.??

Sakimabear

Reaction score
I am not going to get into a "flaming war" with you. I stand for what I have said in my original post.

AquariumHobbyist

Reaction score
"flaming war" ?? lmao. you just have issues admitting #1 you dont have a clue or #2 you dont have a clue.

Sakimabear

Reaction score
When you are using the free hosting there is no guarantee of any service quality. Any problems that you have X10 has no liability. There has not been a legal transaction between yourself and X10. If you read the TOS, only rules that there are is for the users and not a single word that X10 promises anything except for the right that they have to dismiss you from their surface. I am under the impression that you believe X10 owes you something. They do not. To quote Corey, the CEO, "Using our service is a privilege and not a right".
I understand when there a glitches that irritate the users, but on the free servers there is not much you can do. and name calling is not very civil and professional. Again you don't like the service/gift of the free hosting either put down the greenbacks and use the paid service where the rules are different or just leave X10.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
@AquariumHobbyist We do offer free hosting 100% free, and we do not "profit" from giving away free hosting. You stated that we somehow profit off "page views", but I really do not see how this is possible. Sure in the past we have run a few adverts on the free hosting forums to aid in costs to provide hosting completely free, but currently I can't see any ads anywhere other than the main homepage.

You also stated that we make money off logins, and that is why we ask users to login every month. This is completely untrue. For one, we would have to run adverts in order to actually profit from logins (and we don't), but also, that is not why the inactivity requirement is in place. The reason is that some people use their x10Hosting account, and forget about it or don't use it after a few months. If all our servers were full of unused, neglected accounts, we wouldn't be able to offer this free hosting service due to the costs that would incur for the servers for hosting these inactive accounts. Therefore, the inactivity system allows us to filter out these accounts and resolve these problems, yet still keeping the policies reasonable. You would have to be inactive for a long time (45 days, if I remember correctly) in order for a free hosting account to be terminated, meaning that we can keep the inactivity requirement reasonable while still providing hosting to new customers. This has nothing to do with profit; just to prevent us being unable to provide free hosting due to over-demand.

You may be annoyed that other people abuse this service, but it happens. Our abuse team do their best to keep abuse levels low and deal with sites who do not wish to follow our Terms of Service. I'm sure you can understand that considering this free hosting service is free, it attracts a lot of unwanted attention from people who wish to use the service for abuse.

I believe that your attitude to a member from the community, who is trying to help you out of their own spare time, is not very good. Your recent posts just show you as someone who is ungrateful for things that is offered for free.

There is nothing else really to say;

Topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.