VPS Faq

tomtiger11

Reaction score
First, this is a little Faq page, for users to see the 'Frequently Asked Questions,' and ask some new questions to add here!
1) Ive installed Kloxo, whats next?

The next step is to go to your VPS's IP, using port 7778 eg. 0.0.0.0:7778
The default Login details are 'admin' without the quotes for both fields.
Kloxo will then ask you for a new password, then you will use that for the login.

2) I don't want to use CentOS, what other operating systems are there?

These are a few different Operating Systems that x10VPS offer: Ubuntu, Debian Linux, Arch Linux, Fedora, Gentoo and openSUSE

3)What other Control Panels are there?

Webmin and Virtualmin are 2 popular free control panels.
x10VPS also offer cPanel for a small monthly fee.

These are a few Questions and answers i hope you will find usefull.

Feel free to ask more questions right here!

Thanks,

Tomtiger11
VPS User

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hope you don't mind if I add onto this?

Q1 Clarification
7778 is the port for insecure access to your Kloxo control panel. Port 7777 is the secure port that uses SSL to access your Kloxo control panel. However, please bear in mind that you will need an SSL certificate installed in order to use this, and extra configuration may be required.

Q4. How do I SSH in?
SSH is the main CLI-based point of where you will manage your new Virtual Server from. To access it, you can either use the 'Serial Console' menu of your SolusVM control panel or SSH in directly into the server - the username is 'root' and the password is the same as the one you use for SolusVM. On Windows, you will need to download and open PuTTY. On Mac (and other related Unix operating systems), you will need to open up the 'Terminal' application (on Mac it is in /Applications/Utilities) and type:
Code:
ssh root@123.456.789
Remember to replace 123.456.789 with your VPS IP address or a domain resolving to your VPS's IP. You will then be asked for your root password. Once you have done that, you should now be able to run commands on your Virtual Server.

Q5. On the signup form, it asks for a hostname. What is one of these?
A host name is the main domain leading to your server. It usually consists of the server name. For example, if I type server.example.com, then my server name would be 'server' and my hostname would be the one I entered. A good example of a hostname is our free hosting servers - Lotus' hostname is lotus.x10hosting.com

Q6. How do I install Apache/PHP/ASP.NET/etc?
Search for tutorials and try looking in our VPS Tutorials forum.

Q7. What is my SolusVM password?
1. Login to the Client Area.
2. Click on 'My Services'.
3. Next to your VPS' row, click on the 'View Details' icon.
4. Scroll to the bottom where it says 'Login Details'. These details shown here are your username (usually starts with vmuser) and your password.
5. Use these login details to login to https://control.x10vps.com/

Q8. If I need help, what are the many ways to get support?
The best way of getting support related to your VPS is by creating a support ticket from your Client Area. However, please be aware that support is limited based on the level of management (unmanaged or managed) when you signed up. There is also an unofficial IRC channel where volunteers can try and assist you - it is available at irc.x10hosting.com on #paidhosting. Alternatively use our web gateway and type /join #paidhosting. Remember that the users of #paidhosting do not necessarily represent the views of x10Hosting.

Q9. Am I allowed to ______?
Please read our Terms of Service.

Q10. I need more RAM/CPU/Disk Space. Please can I have some more?
If you require more resources, then please consider upgrading your package. For more information, please create a support ticket.

Q11. I would like to cancel my service.
For information about cancellations, please read Section 2: Cancellations & Refunds of the Terms of Service

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
Might be worth updating the original thread with the second post in this thread. Some formatting is required in my opinion.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Tomtiger11 would have to do that if he wants. :)

Q12. Can I install Windows on my VPS?
No - we only offer Linux VPS hosting only.