VPS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonydrummer4ever65

Reaction score
is it possible to host an rsps with a vps here if i buy it and will i have full remote control access like teamviewer?

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
You have full root access to the vps to do as you wish. If you have never used the linux command line before then I would recommend not getting a VPS. Unlike a windows server, the main method of running a linux server is through the command line.
Additionally game servers need to be ran on one of these plans: http://x10vps.com/vps-dedicated.php

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Except that you'd be breaking the law by running a RuneScape Private Server, which we don't take too kindly to here (it's against our Terms of Service for VPSes, as well as any other service x10 offers). So I'd strongly recommend against buying a VPS here if that's what you're planning on doing.

Humza

Reaction score
Hello There,

As far as my limited knowledge of game servers is concerned RSPS are against the law therefore it is against the x10VPS TOS, As for something like teamview, you can install a GUI and VNC or NX.

My personal selection (quite light) is XFCE as the GUI and NX for accessing it. But I dont need a GUI so I dont use it.

I hope this helps!

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you have never used the linux command line before then I would recommend not getting a VPS. Unlike a windows server, the main method of running a linux server is through the command line.

That's not correct. I didn't know even the abc of linux command line. but I bought a vps and now i can do nearly everything by reading articles from google search and some hit and trial method. I took nearly 5 hours to figure out how to use SSH and putty. :p from then I am doing my work with a very fast speed.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Please don't gravedig.

Requesting lock.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Request granted. Try the report button next time as it sends me a lovely desktop alert. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.