galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
x10Exchange:

1. Nice design. Easy to find stuff.
2. easy to use the ad code.

Suggestions:

1. place the banners in a random named folder because ad blockers usually block every path with /userbanner/ in (ad block + did).

2. Make the statistics a bit easier (I don't get the thing with clicks recived and clicks left)

3. The copyright year is wrong.

fileVIP:

1. Nice design.

Suggestions:

1. Fix the download accelerator issues! I always get prompted to download http://mirror2.filevip.com:2650/get...2BE979EB9FC22A11A9FB284A2A42325&name=jagf.gif
that is a getfile.php file.

2. Fix missing description field.

3. Do so images can be seen and used on pages.

4. Features if you register on the first page

5. More images.

6. Convincing text that makes people really want to upload.

7. Password protected downloads

8. fix the status on upload (it is showing "
Initializing upload ...

9. Image gallery (if image-function is implented)(The person should be able to choose if his image should be in there).

10. Shareoptions after upload. (Email, embeed etc.)

pretty puppet

Reaction score
I am using the latest version of Firefox at 1280 X 800 on Windows XP and running Windows Firewall.

FileVIP:

The design is nice, and I like the colors. I think that maybe the "register" link could be a bit more prominent.
What really bothers me is the spacing on the upload page - right now it looks like this:

"If you are interested in visiting one of the sponsored links during
your upload,"

It just seems kind of jarred and unprofessional because the text is so... off. It makes it really difficult to read.

In addition, I couldn't get any of my files to upload before registering. They all remained at 0%. I was attempting to upload small picture files of about 100kb. I tried gif and png, neither worked.

After registering, I was taken to page where all the visual layout/framework was there, but the text area was completely blank. Also a little weird. I was still unable to upload anything, even with the flash uploader.

x10exchange:
I got the signup email immediately, no problem with that. I really like the option to display banners in the day, at night, at certain hours, etc.

My main beef is that while I was browsing the site, the google ads on the right overlapped the content of the page in almost every instance, lying right over the form fields, instruction text, everything!

See here.

Last edited:

Mitch

Reaction score
x10exchange
If your account isn't activated, and then try to login it says Wrong username or password. Please try again. Can you change this to Please activate your account. (for not activated accounts)

Welcome to x10 Exchange!

You're almost done, and will soon be on your way to more traffic!
We ask that you review all of our terms of service, and that you follow
all rules at all times. There is one more step in which you need to complete
before you can begin, you need to click on this link to activate your account:
There is one space line in front of "You're" (Confirm email)

The same as puppet sayed, i can't read this:
Use this form to edit ad #1 in size Standard Banner. To edit other ads in this size click to the links at the bottom of this page.

Orders & payments
This option is disabled in configuration. You should remove the link from template _head_user.txt.

Please email admin if you have questions.

Everywhere the google ad is over the text.

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
FileVIP
Browser : FireFox version 2.0.0.13
Platform : Windows Vista 32bit Basic (don't laugh)
Screen Resolution : 1280 x 800

http://filevip.com/ (Logged in)
*When I hover my mouse over the star next to the text input, I kinda expected it to tell me what it was for. The same applies to the the padlock.
*Clicking the star added a new line to select a file, but click it more than 8 times and it rolls out of its div and out of the frame.
*When clicking the padlock, maybe a password field and confirmation of this. Having the password in the clear means anyone around me sees it :eek:
*The upload loading bar is great, very nicely done. Though it would look better center to the frame with text above and below it.
*The status text doesn't look very nice and its placement is nasty.
*The link to delete should maybe go in a text input. This would avoid accidentally clicking it (caught me off guard). Though the delete link asks for confirmation, there is no "Back/Return/No" option.
*When uploading multiple files, the confirmation messages roll out of the frame, maybe put them in a scroll box.
*Home & Upload go to the same page.

http://filevip.com/members.php (Logged in)
*When clicking "Registered" next to my package, the pop up goes under the Google ads. Though the "close" option in this is good and should be used on other similar pop ups, it is not visible enough.
*When downloading files, double clicking the link brings up a pop up "Press CRTL+c to copy". Some browsers a double click only selects one word. FireFox did this, I only copied part of the link.
*The download button is not obvious enough.
*When hovering over the "Delete" file, the Javascript shows in the status bar.
*Download History doesn't work or updates take to long.
*Under Folders, somehow the existing folders need to be separated from the create new form.
*No way of closing the "Folder URL", it overlays the name input.
*When adding a file to the folder, there is no way to select from existing uploaded files. So I must keep checking "Show Files"
*I got a little lost on the "registration promotion".
*You should be able to change your e-mail address or at least inform the member of how to go about this if need be.

http://filevip.com/service.php
*Loose the "Order" on the row with the "Register" links.

*Folders are to easy to jippo from the URL though any action on them requires the password.
http://filevip.com/folders/1/Jag-Vid-DB.html

*Usernames should maybe have a minimum length.
*Usernames should be case sensitive.
*The captcha images should have numbers, letters and maybe even symbols. A three digit number may be to easy to crack.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I would like to have those credits !!!!

1. Read the first post

2. Do the review(s) before posting, alternatively (if you really need to) say that you are writting them and then edit your post when you finnished them.

3. Please don't use the ! mark too much (like you just did)

Trubl3z

Reaction score
i just tried to register on filevip.com and after when i click submit. It just loads a blank white area.

erroroc5.th.jpg

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
This is a review for FileVIP:

Problems:

On the register page (where you hand out your name, password, ect), it is hard to tell which buttons go to which

After you register, you get a blank page. It should say something like: "thank you for registering, click here to get started"

I did not know what the star and lock did before I clicked on them. You should have something that tells you. Hovering my mouse over the picture did not give a discription.

When uploading, it gives the idividual bytes. That's annoying. You should make it kilobytes, or if the file is several megabytes, then you should make it display megabytes.

The download history did not update when I downloaded my file.

There is nothing that explains how points work.

I am not sure whether the file size limit is 128 MB per upload or 128 MB total.

Suggestions

Make the home page what you currently have to be the members page (if logged in) and then just get rid of the members link. I think that would be less confusing.

The TOS could probably be less vaugue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
x10 Exchange review:

First error:

Your google ads cover up the forms.

Recommendation: Once a user is logged in, you should not display the top ad banner, or the side banner that gives out the news and available options. Let the users grab that through another link.

There is a form that says 'alt tag', when I create my banner, but I am unsure as to what 'alt tag' does.

There is an error under orders and payments

Overall:

I think that the biggest problem here is that the layout after a user is logged in is messed up. It needs to be completely re-done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First I tried to register for an account and after hitting submit I got a blank window.

I took a screenshot and was going to upload the screenshot, but the upload function didn't seem to work. It seemed to tell that it didn't know how big the file was or how fast the connection was.

After the Form Upload didn't work I switched to Flash Upload. I selected two files to be uploaded and hit submit. One file uploaded, but not the second file I chose. If you are only going to allow one upload at a time, please don't allow people to choose multiple files at one time.

Another comment about the flash upload. There is a sentence telling people what to do, "Please add files by using the icon in your lower right" that I would try to get on one line. On my screen the word right is on a second line and it looks kind of crammed together and crowded between the first line and the submit button.

Another suggestion would be to list out the file extensions of the files that can be uploaded. If you are allowing all file types to be uploaded, then say that.

Screenshots -
http://filevip.com/file/939/BlankScreen-PNG.html
http://filevip.com/file/940/UnkownScreenshot-png.html

tcmstr134

Reaction score
I signed up for both programs. When trying to do my banner on x10Exchange, i saw:
AdProblem.png

this was noted by someone else. Then that was fixed overnight, but then i got
AdProblem2.png

when looking at all ads. In other words, the ads get in the way. The code to put on my site has no problems, which is good.

My suggestions for the exchange:
fix the ad problem
change the banner when im logged in(as you can see in the screenshots, the banner is prompting you to sign up, when im already signed up and logged in)

but otherwise, this is a nice service ;) i do plan on continuing to use it

now onto FileVIP
when i first registered, i got a blank screen, which isnt too bad, i just navigates out of there. When attempting to upload 3 png files(the screenshots used in this post), i got
uploadScreen.png

which stayed there until I decided it was taking too long(that was about 10 minutes).

Suggestions for FileVIP
get the upload fixed
get the screen after you register fixed

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
I found some additional problems with file VIP.

On the download history, the date is not separated out and is hard to decipher.

The other problem is if you upload more than 3 files at one time, it does not all fit onto the screen in the middle. Because there is no scroll bar, you cannot see the rest of the text

pgames

Reaction score
Filevip Is a great idea... But here in NS Canada... I get a slow upload speed. Took like 2 minutes to upload a 900kb picture.
I will probably only upload small things cuz a 100mb file will probably take hours to upload from here.

I haven't tried downloading from filevip yet. You guys should upload some test files at different sizes to let ppl test their speed from filevip!

Just to let u know the e-mail sent from filevip when I made my accnt, showing my username and pass for my accnt, appeared as junk mail. You should put a warning, so ppl can move the file out of their junk box so they wont lose their accnt records.

I currently don't own a site so I did not try X10exhange.

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm talking about x10Exchange here.

A very good service, I've added the ad code to my pages and uploaded a banner. I'm already seeing slightly increased traffic in the small amount of time it's been showing for.

There are some issues though:

* I had to switch my doctype from XHTML Strict to Transitional to allow the iframe to work. This isn't a problem, the iframe tag is still well supported and I expect will never be fully phased out. I think you should make this clear on the homepage or at least the Get Ad Code page.

* After changing my doctype, things still weren't validating through the W3C validator, so I went through the code and replaced all the ampersands ( & ) with their HTML encoded form ( & ). This is required, even for URLs.

* I then proceeded to remove the hspace and vspace elements from the iframe tag, as the validator was whinging about them too.

* The obvious problem that failed me next was the uppercase tags. I replaced them with lowercase ones, only to fail again.

* I added quotes ("") to the elements in the iframe tag next, again required for validation.

* Still failing to validate, I changed language="javascript" to type="text/javascript" which fixed another issue.

* Finally, I added the comments "<!--" and "//-->" to prevent old browsers from displaying the ugly block of code (and validate).

Now I'm no JavaScript expert, but I got the code working without any problems. This is probably wrong somewhere (lol) but it works on my site. Copied and pasted from my own pages, here's the finished result that validates as XHTML 1.1 Transitional:
Code:
 <!-- x10 Exchange code begin -->
 <!-- DO NOT ALTER THIS CODE! -->
 <script type="text/javascript">
  <!--
   document.write('<s'+'cript language="JavaScript" src="http://www.x10exchange.com/work.php?n=61&amp;size=1&amp;j=1&amp;c=&amp;code='+new Date().getTime()+'"></s'+'cript>');
  //-->
 </script>
 <noscript>
  <iframe src="http://www.x10exchange.com/work.php?n=61&amp;size=1&amp;c=" width="468" height="60" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
 </noscript>
 <!-- x10 Exchange code -->

Please fix this x10, it's a little bit inconvenient to edit the code to make it validate, and I think standards are pretty damn important to keep the web open and compatible.

Oh yeah, and if you change the skin from blue to x10E in the user panel, everything comes up all scrambled and weird, not as major as the above validation issue but something you'll want fixed nonetheless.

Other than that, brilliant site with a lot of potential. Once you get some more sign-ups, this will be a brilliant way to boost traffic.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

tregtar

Reaction score
I've registered so far with FileVIP and like it so far.

I do have a question...when a document is moved to a folder, is it duplicating the file?

lso when you move more than 1 file to a folder all the information presented is shifted down to the bottom of the screen and leaves a big blank blue space on top. Very strange looking.

Also there is no information to clarify what the 'Reward Center'. I have no idea how to use it.

If anything else comes up I'll note it down. But so far it's looking good.

allinone

Reaction score
i got registered and i found it difficult to get the information about it.

i mean i don't found how to make points, how can i use my points.
Also if the control panel link is on home page after login then it would be easy to navigate.

No help type page was there to help newbies, you must include a help page which should provide all information about it......
Edit:
x10 exchange is very good way to have traffic on my website.
the idea is good but the same problem i found there that no information was there about impressions. how it wok and how can i use it..

thats it. I got the code of add and also made my add, but still not know what is impression and how to use it.

Last edited:

XGI Admin

Reaction score
Great, x10 exchange ... I thought it would be similar to this one but it looks completely different still a good thing though, FileVIP? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.