Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrolman

Reaction score
Hi

I tested an email from my contact page sending mail using php and I received the error message:

Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/x10matt/public_html/email.php on line 46

I checked the forums and saw that some people were advised to upgrade to intermediate php configuration. I tried to upgrade and received the error message:

An Error Has Occurred
An error occurred with your PHP version change request. Try again later or contact x10Hosting. (Code 3)

It was working before and the last email I receive was about 9 days ago but the site is new so I wasn't sure how many emails to be expecting. But I was expecting more than that so I decided to test it using a basic form and discovered it wasn't working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, i am contacting an admin about this issue, please be patient while you receive a response.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I've manually added a PHP application for you. Your PHP version should update for you in the next hours.

Patrolman

Reaction score
Much appreciated
Edit:
I'm back.

The php version update seems to have gone through ok, I can't remember exactly what time I checked yesterday, but I would say it was at least 16 hours ago. So I tried using the php mail function from my site yesterday but it didn't work. I thought it might take a little while to finalize the changes so I decided to wait until today. I have just tried again and again it didn't work. I am still getting the same message:

Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/x10matt/public_html/email.php on line 46

Could there be something else I am doing wrong, or something else I need to do?
Edit:
Now it seems to be working fine. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.