Status
Not open for further replies.

bamagirl

Reaction score

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Hello bamagirl,

After the recent MySQL server changes, host names pointing to the server instead of local host are no longer allowed. You must change your host from 'starka.x10hosting.com' to 'localhost'.

~Twinkie

bamagirl

Reaction score
$db_host = "localhost";
$db_username = "rhonda_xxx";
$db_password = "rhonda_xxxxxxx";
$db_name = "rhonda_xxxxxxxx";

I have "localhost" inserted in the conn.php

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'rhonda_xxx'@'starka.x10hosting.com' (using password: YES) in /home/rhonda/public_html/conn.php on line 34
Access denied for user 'rhonda_xxx'@'starka.x10hosting.com' (using password: YES)
The error displays that the host in use was not local host. This is probably a bug in your code.

Also, for your db_password (rhonda_xxxxxxxx). The prefix [cPanel Username]_ is not necessary for passwords. You should enter it in your scripts exactly as you entered the password when creating the user.

Last edited:

bamagirl

Reaction score
The error displays that the host in use was not local host. This is probably a bug in your code.

In my conn.php it has always been "localhost". Where else might I need to change it?

Also, for your db_password (rhonda_xxxxxxxx). The prefix [cPanel Username]_ is not necessary for passwords. You should enter it in your scripts exactly as you entered the password when creating the user.

conn.php should look like this?
$db_host = "localhost";
$db_username = "xxxxx";
$db_password = "xxxxxx";
$db_name = "xxxxxxx";

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
1) It should look like this:

$db_host = "localhost";
$db_username = "[cPanel User]_xxxxx";
$db_password = "xxxxxx";
$db_name = "[cPanel User]_xxxxxxx";

Well, I am not sure why, but it is not. It can be a bug in your code, like an alternate assignment to $db_host, or anything of that matter. I often have suspected server issues only to find that it was a bug in my code. Also, you might want to verify that your FTP client is working properly. It way sometimes lockup or cache pages, without telling you. Try checking they connection code manually through cPanel File Manager, and verify the host is set to localhost. If all else fails, then I can escalate the issue. An administrator would have directory access to your site, and can better assist you.

Last edited:

bamagirl

Reaction score
MySQL Test Script says access denied.

It was my first time to use FileZilla, perhaps I made a boo boo.
I'll keep checking.

Thanks Twinkie...
Edit:
Problem resolved. I am not exactly sure what I done to fix it but it's working now.

Thanks again Twinkie

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As this is now resolved I have closed this thread.

Fell free to contact us again in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.