Watch Out Its Patch Tuesday

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just in case for those who have not heard the news yet, Microsoft is releasing a bumper pack of critical fixes this tuesday.

If you have not installed Vista SP1 yet your are recomended to back up any critical or personal information prior to it going on, numerous reports of some PCs failing to re-boot after SP1 installed, the fix is complicated, ugly and often requires a boot disk for the SPECIFIC version of Vista you have.

As always the advice is , wait for some other poor sod to try it out first then install it if nobody is screaming like a lunatic on the forum boards the day after.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I guess that poor sod would be me. I already have Vista Service Pack 2 installed though so I'm covered. Microsoft has been releasing a lot of out of cycle security bulletins lately which would usually signal a large amount of patches coming out or being worked on.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Ah you poor windows users... I can rest assured that I'm using fully mature software, i.e. am running a GNU/Linux distribution with proper software testing mechanisms in place, just to make sure stable distributions are just that: stable). And if it is true that may computers will get *(()&^" up, then I'll just be able to gloat so much in the coming weeks about the fact my computer works.

On a more serious note: I'd better get prepared to jump in in case that one computer with vista in the house, which I think has automatic updates on, gets broken.

achilleasgr

Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't get it. I have always installed Microsoft's updates as soon as they go out on windows update, and never had a problem. Why should there be an issue now? My hardware is perfectly supported, and I don't install crap stuff in there.

Besides, Vista's shadow copies keep at least 20 backups of each file -- that is why I upgraded, What could possibly go wrong?:nuts:

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Just installed the updates on all of my Windows PCs. No problems what so ever.