web site cant be search

Reaction score
hi guys,

i don't know how to make my website searchable by any serach engine. how to do that? also how to determine if my site is searchable, i can't find my site in google...

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
One: The Basics
Google does have a very comprehensive set of tutorials and tools in its webmaster section.
http://www.google.com/webmasters/ that would be a good place to learn a little more.

Two: Not everthing to do with the Interent happens instantly.
Being indexed by search engines is a classic example of this, it can take Google a week or even a month to look around ( 'Crawl' ) your web site for the first time. Even after YOU submit a site-map. IF it finds anything unique, interesting or relevent then it will return more often.

threedee

Reaction score
If you want to check whether your site has already been indexed by Google, go to Google and make a search with the syntax

site:yourdomain.com

It should then show the indexed pages from your site, if there are any. Google site indexing (and other search engines for that matter) will take a while as mentioned. Search engines, Google for one, loves quality content and sites that are regularly updated, so if you do this, it shouldn't be too hard. Only it takes time.