web templates

divebuddha

Reaction score
hi there everyone

firstly want to say hello to all the members of the forum

and thanks for giving me a platform to ask the questions i would love answers to ?

anyway my question is i want to upload complete HTML templates downloaded from the web to my folders but

dont know which folders to actualy upload the complete template to so i can use it with an editor ?

as you can probably see ima complete newby to web page creation and thank you for your help

best wishes leigh aka divebuddha

Last edited:

smithee

Reaction score
Templates? Are you using a Content Management System (CMS) or something?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Could you give us more information about the templates, and a link to your website?

divebuddha

Reaction score
thanks guys for the quick response

firstly i built the web pages on my site via the online editor that comes with x10 hosting but wondered if it was perhaps worth trying to change the web page back ground to something a little more colourfull or with
something more photo specific!

my pages are purely for fun and without any formn of financial gain!

again thanks for any help or sugestions and your patience o0f course

ps i think im trying to use html templates not css i think?

http://divebuddha.x10hosting.com

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Open Office is good free download and can be used to create web pages as well.

One of the problems I first encountered with templates was the '@import ' syntax, damm annoying.

When you find a page with a really good layout that you want to adapt and save a copy to look at the code inside to learn how it is done you find the CSS files are missing from the folder so the page will not display correctly.

Figured it out eventually lol

master257

Reaction score
you can always just use the combination of photoshop + flash & dreamweaver like I do myself.. you can make really appealing things though it takes more time, makes a great on the side project though.