Webmail and custom domain problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spbcx10m

Reaction score
Since my site was transferred to x12 server I have lost the email addresses I had set up on the custom domain I own. They now appear on the default free domain name e.g. as info@spbcx10m.mx rather than as info@mycustomdomain.org but I am unable to log in to them using Roundcube webmail. I've tried changing the password on one of the email accounts but it has not helped. I'd like to be able to log in so I can download all the old messages that are in there. Following the advice in other queries about the domain name I have now removed it from pointers and set it up as a new domain, and copied all my site files into the new public_html folder that appeared. However, if I set this domain to be the default I can't create any email accounts on it, or see the email accounts with the free domain name. There is one account there with the address spbcx10m@spbcx10m.mx. The error message I get is that only one Pop account is allowed and no more can be created, but when hovering over the create account button the guidance there shows 1/3, suggesting it should be possible to create three accounts. If I then change the default domain to point back at the free domain name the other email accounts become visible again. Has anybody solved this yet, or could you help provide some instructions as to how to achieve what I am trying to do? Have the staff finished doing everything they were going to do with this migration, or am I now interfering with the process by acting too soon by trying to fix it myself?

spbcx10m

Reaction score
OK, since yesterday I have now worked out that it is my unfamiliarity with the new DirectAdmin control panel that is causing some of my problems. I now realise that there is a domain drop down at the top right of the screen, and if I use that I can see all the email accounts, one domain at a time. I've also found that deleting the two less important accounts from the free domain has allowed me to recreate the one account I really need to have on the custom domain. I still can't log in to that account with either webmail or a mail client though. RoundCube times out with the message 'Unable to connect to IMAP server', and Outlook just fails to connect with no helpful message. I suspect it may be something to do with DNS management and one or two important records being missing from the domain. But I'm no expert and I'd appreciate some advice as to the DNS records that are needed to get mail working on my domain.
Another thing I'd appreciate some advice on is whether or not it is possible to copy the existing emails across to the new account from the old one, by copying a folder on the server from one place to the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.