Webmail broken after migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

challe14

Reaction score
I have an email account, ending with @*mycustomdomain*. This does not work now that the migration has been completed, I am unable to login to my email with roundcube or otherwise. It can see from the quota that it seems like the email address has been changed to something in the form @myname.x10.mx, which is the free subdomain I signed up with rather than my custom domain. Whichever account name I try and use, I get the error "connection to the storage server failed" in roundcube. I'm really not sure how to fix this.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Was that by any chance a parked domain, now listed as a domain pointer?

It seem that type of domain is treat them vastly different, here in direct admin it is merely a pointer, like you might want to have for a common misspelling of your main domain.

To get email accounts to actually work it would need to be removed from domain pointers and instead added as a full domain using domain setup in "account manager". Make sure you have a backup of your site just in case before making these changes, as it has been noted that removing a domain pointer has affected files by other user, though not when I was testing on my account (granted I didn't have a parked domain when it was transfered).

shifattk

Reaction score
Would the configurations for POP/IMAP still be the same as before? Or will they have to be changed.

Roundcube doesn't seem to be working from DirectAdmin

I noticed my account went from xo1 to x12 when logging in.
I'm guessing now the IMAP configs are:
Incoming: x12.x10hosting.com, Port 993
SMTP: x12.x10hosting.com, Port 465

Thanks for all the help during this migration. I know it's hectic.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Would the configurations for POP/IMAP still be the same as before? Or will they have to be changed.

Roundcube doesn't seem to be working from DirectAdmin

I noticed my account went from xo1 to x12 when logging in.
I'm guessing now the IMAP configs are:
Incoming: x12.x10hosting.com, Port 993
SMTP: x12.x10hosting.com, Port 465

Thanks for all the help during this migration. I know it's hectic.
Are you getting any error from roundcube? For the default account you would login with the same as for the control panel, for the others with the full email address like myemail@mydomain.com
Roundcube works fine for me, though my account is on x11.

The server settings that I got working for my email account in thunderbird was to use mail.mydomain.com as server host

challe14

Reaction score
Yes I am using a parked domain, also it is now hosted on x12 in stead of x01, so I suppose I will need to reconfigure my email client anyway. Also, I don't want to use mail.mydomain.com as the server as this doesn't seem to support SSL/TLS, is there another way I can configure it like how it was before the migration? For now I'll try those instructions to see if I can get it too work.

shifattk

Reaction score
Are you getting any error from roundcube? For the default account you would login with the same as for the control panel, for the others with the full email address like myemail@mydomain.com
Roundcube works fine for me, though my account is on x11.

The server settings that I got working for my email account in thunderbird was to use mail.mydomain.com as server host

The error I am getting from Roundcube through DirectAdmin is "Connection to storage server failed" on the bottom right corner. I am using my own domain that I reconfigured after I got migrated to DirectAdmin.

I have 2 Email accounts. default: [Account User Name]@mydomain.com; and [custom email]@mydomain.com

I tried logging in with both on Roundcube but I get the same error.

As for using an email client, I'm trying Thunderbird since you mentioned it, with the mail.mydomain.com methods. It fails after trying to probe the server for configurations. "Thunderbird failed to find the settings for your email account". Unless I'm doing something wrong that is.

challe14

Reaction score
OK, I have changed the domain from being a pointer and have recreated the emai account, I still get the "Connection to storage server failed" in roundcube and can't access the account through my email client.

bobmx10h

Reaction score
Same problems for me - I removed the pointer, created a new domain, and a new email account. Connecting via the link to roundcube results in:

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
Unable to connect to the database!
Please contact your server-administrator.

Not surprisingly, can't connect via a pop client

The forwarder is missing, so not possible to set this up, and it's not possible to delete the default x10 accounts set up for each domain.

softdesi

Reaction score
The email forwarder is something I need a lot, since I don't want to be dependant of RoundCube to check my emails, I prefer to recevive them in my main email account.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Anna: they should pay you.
Your answers always get results.

Changing the email servers to "mail.[my x10host domain]" now works. I wish I had stumbled across this post earlier.

mycoo368

Reaction score
Same problems for me - I removed the pointer, created a new domain, and a new email account. Connecting via the link to roundcube results in:

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
Unable to connect to the database!
Please contact your server-administrator.

Not surprisingly, can't connect via a pop client

The forwarder is missing, so not possible to set this up, and it's not possible to delete the default x10 accounts set up for each domain.
I get the same message now

shifattk

Reaction score
Just to see if it works, I tried getting into my email via Roundcube on DirectAdmin and loks like it's working now.
Guessing it was a migration issue and stuff needed to be updated properly.

It's working with the default Windows 10 Mail app, but not with Outlook.
Oh well.

I say let's all just wait for the full migration to be over before everything is back to normal.

geoffval

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and would be grateful of some assistance.

I've got an x10 account with a website that responds to mydomain.co.uk

I've got 2 email accounts that work when I use myname@mymxname.x10.mx

When I try to use myname@mydomain I can't get the email to work.

It always used to work before the recent migration.
I've tried removing pointers and adding domains, but I really don't know what I'm doing.

Step by step instructions would be appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.