Webmaster/Marketer chatroom (Get help, learn and share)

Namjies

Reaction score
Hello,
please review (and join if you like) http://webclub.namworld.com/
It features web languages chatrooms, marketing chatrooms, domain trading chatroom and such good features.

- Profile for you and your website
- Avator/Icon and multi-room chatroom

I will also add free scripts and such goodies soon to complement the chatroom. If you come across such things, please share it so I can add it.

It's made for begginer webmasters. I think most people here are. I'll be sure to get you some great items to start up.

Thank you

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,
The opening screen is just too basic. Looks as it it has been slung together really fast. I was able to register & get to the chatrooms - which as it is starting were empty.
No obvious way of leaving apart from shutting the firefox page - need a disconnect button.

The room pages etc are quite good - did you write this or is it acquired?

The idea of the site is good. What wiull it do that the X10 Forums don't?

Namjies

Reaction score
The opening screen will have to be redesigned, I simply removed the default text and explanations from the template (because it's an acquired script). For the logout issue, I know about the lack of logout, there's a red button in chat, but I'll have to get a way to edit the flash file and replace that with a big logout button. I've been working on getting the chat functional and designing the website's CSS. It's almost done by now. I want to enhance login screen next. Logout button is not a priority for now, I want to add content first.

What are the advantage over x10 forums?
-Freebies and scripts to download
-Real time help on web languages issue
-Funnier and faster discussions
-Profile for you and your website
-Private chat
-File sharing enabled, eventually

Plus I want to hold live domain auctions on the domain trade room. Since I installed it Thursday, there is only casual people coming for now. I got 5 people to join and counting, some having knowledge, some needing help for developping their web.

For now since there's very few activity, I'm there most of the day while I work.

I'll be in need of moderators/regulars who'll get there and bring some activity. Exposure or other advantages beeing thinked of for mod.

The goal for now is to get web developpers who are often online and could be there while working and exchange a bit between themselves. It won't be able to take off without such users. So if you'd like to share some tools for webmaster or chit chat, you can log in regularly. I'll be there most of the time in the next weeks to give it a good start.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
First of all it's a good idea. I won't review the design cos you said this is not the final version so no point talking about that.

Only thing I can do now is to encourage you to continue this great idea. It's a loooong way to the full potential of this idea and believe me it's anything but easy, so good luck and keep working.

freecrm

Reaction score
I too like the concept.

Design aside, there's little to comment on yet if it's no where near finished.

Good luck