Website coming soon even after 24 hours.

allgame2

Reaction score
So how long does this take? I have put all my files in and it's ready to go but still getting this page every time even after 24 hours, did try flushing DNS, closing browser but not showing up.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
This site provides free games for everyone to play on, these are all free games from the internet made by various websites. Permission is gotten from each game we put onto our website so they're all copyright free

In "My Own Site" . (Strong suggestion: Do not use spaces in file or directory names)

Try clearing your browser cache and history.

allgame2

Reaction score
In "My Own Site" . (Strong suggestion: Do not use spaces in file or directory names)

Ah so do you mean instead of naming the file "my own site" i should change it to "myownsite"? And same goes for the other files in the folder?

Sorry i'm new to all of this and made this website when i was in college a few months ago, they never told us how to publish it on the internet.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you can use My-Own-Site Instead. I sometimes name my folders like that.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Well ok there's no spaces in the folder now and my site is showing up but any idea why it shows up with 2 folders?

http://allgames4you.x10.mx/

There's the link to it, any help would be appreciated thanks.

It shows up as two folders because you don't have an index file in the root (directly in public_html) folder. Move all the files in the "MyOwnSite" folder to the base "public_html" folder and try loading your URL again.

So instead of
/public_html/MyOwnSite/index.html

Your files would be in
/public_html/index.html

If you don't plan on using CGI scripts, you can ignore the cgi-bin folder.

allgame2

Reaction score
It shows up as two folders because you don't have an index file in the root (directly in public_html) folder. Move all the files in the "MyOwnSite" folder to the base "public_html" folder and try loading your URL again.

So instead of

Your files would be in
/public_html/index.html

So instead of

Your files would be in
/public_html/index.html

Thank you very much, that seems to have done the trick.

Ok but now when i try to click on the links above (racing, sports etc) and it says "404 not found" but i'm pretty sure i've setup the links so they all work but it doesn't seem to be.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you very much, that seems to have done the trick.

Ok but now when i try to click on the links above (racing, sports etc) and it says "404 not found" but i'm pretty sure i've setup the links so they all work but it doesn't seem to be.
There is a space in your link

http://allgames4you.x10.mx/Sports games.html
Look at the space between Sports and games

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
you would need to check the code in the files that reference that page, filename/path must match the code for your link.
For instance if your file is /Sportsgames.html the code for the link would be
Code:
<a href="Sportsgames.html">link text></a>
In the above example I suspect that the code looks like
Code:
<a href="Sports games.html">link text</a>
What you need to do is check the code in your file so that the code matches what the filename and path actually is. Also note that Linux, which our servers run with, is case sensitive, meaning Sportsgames.html is a different file from sportsgames.html

allgame2

Reaction score
you would need to check the code in the files that reference that page, filename/path must match the code for your link.
For instance if your file is /Sportsgames.html the code for the link would be
Code:
<a href="Sportsgames.html">link text></a>
In the above example I suspect that the code looks like
Code:
<a href="Sports games.html">link text</a>
What you need to do is check the code in your file so that the code matches what the filename and path actually is. Also note that Linux, which our servers run with, is case sensitive, meaning Sportsgames.html is a different file from sportsgames.html

Thank you that seems to have done the trick!

Well you've all been very helpful on here indeed and i'm grateful of it.

I know the site is a total mess but hey, i'm no pro and wanted to create any one which i own and have done so thanks to this site.