Resolved Website Deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feederss

Reaction score
This is probably my misunderstanding, but I was under the impression that the migration was still taking place. As a result I have not been logging in until I was notified I could do so. Also, the message has not been removed saying access the forum regarding migration.

As a result, I try to login today, and it appears my site has been removed? I hope this can be resolved, as the communication should have been made clearer.

feederss.x10host.com

stylelog

Reaction score
I agree, this was badly communicated by the x10Hosting team... I too have been waiting for the instructions to login to my account. When I login I still see..

We are currently performing migrations and maintenance on our backend systems, logging into the system may periodically be impacted. Please read https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/ for more information.

I took this as meaning I need to wait. I am obviously not going to login to my account daily to check if it is working!!! Now my site is gone!! This i bad.

Please restore stylelogic.x10host.com

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I take it neither of you actually went back to check the forums for new information? That thread has been periodically updated, in February I posted that all accounts should be migrated and that any login issues should be reported: https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/#post-976495

Also, the login requirement was never removed, we only halted the suspension system due to possible login issues so you'd not get suspended just because you were unable to login for a day or two, and logins to the panel, which is what counts as activity was never really impacted to my knowledge.

In early March we made a manual purge for accounts where there had been no activity for the past 60 days. We made restores possible however although we initially said we'd only allow them for a short period of time (1 weeks after termination), but we extended it and should not have restored past March 22nd, but we've still been doing them long after when it is possible.

feederss

Reaction score
I take it neither of you actually went back to check the forums for new information? That thread has been periodically updated, in February I posted that all accounts should be migrated and that any login issues should be reported: https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/#post-976495

Also, the login requirement was never removed, we only halted the suspension system due to possible login issues so you'd not get suspended just because you were unable to login for a day or two, and logins to the panel, which is what counts as activity was never really impacted to my knowledge.

In early March we made a manual purge for accounts where there had been no activity for the past 60 days. We made restores possible however although we initially said we'd only allow them for a short period of time (1 weeks after termination), but we extended it and should not have restored past March 22nd, but we've still been doing them long after when it is possible.

Clearly a lot of people have been confused by this issue.... Why is the message still on the control panel? We are currently migrating? This lead people to believe the process wasn't finished, so login was not required?

feederss

Reaction score
Clearly a lot of people have been confused by this issue.... Why is the message still on the control panel? We are currently migrating? This lead people to believe the process wasn't finished, so login was not required?

I am hoping you can do the right thing and restore all of my hard work. Maybe this was a mistake on my behalf, but seems like many people are making the same mistake?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The message is still in there due to there still being things left to do. Corona halted some parts of the development, but there will be some changes to the panel and our backend as well (with any luck the new stuff will come alive within a week, I had a chance to take a look and test somethings yesterday).

@feederss your account is intact and in good standing site works fine for me. Your IP is not blocked either. What happens when you try to visit your site? Are you able to login to the DA account when going through the panel login (using the "cPanel" link takes you to DirectAdmin).

When it comes to your custom domain, as posted in the migration thread anyone NOT using our name servers need to manually update the IP in their name servers, in your case that would be through the cloudflare userpanel. The new IP of your server is 198.91.81.15

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, this was badly communicated by the x10Hosting team... I too have been waiting for the instructions to login to my account. When I login I still see..

We are currently performing migrations and maintenance on our backend systems, logging into the system may periodically be impacted. Please read https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/ for more information.

I took this as meaning I need to wait. I am obviously not going to login to my account daily to check if it is working!!! Now my site is gone!! This i bad.

Please restore stylelogic.x10host.com
Your account should be restored in a few minutes, I'm running the process now.

We never said you could forgo the login requirement, you only needed to login once every 30 days to keep the account alive, you did not login at all after December 16th until today.

feederss

Reaction score
The message is still in there due to there still being things left to do. Corona halted some parts of the development, but there will be some changes to the panel and our backend as well (with any luck the new stuff will come alive within a week, I had a chance to take a look and test somethings yesterday).

@feederss your account is intact and in good standing site works fine for me. Your IP is not blocked either. What happens when you try to visit your site? Are you able to login to the DA account when going through the panel login (using the "cPanel" link takes you to DirectAdmin).

When it comes to your custom domain, as posted in the migration thread anyone NOT using our name servers need to manually update the IP in their name servers, in your case that would be through the cloudflare userpanel. The new IP of your server is 198.91.81.15

Thank you soo much, I just logged in and everything is working! I really appreciate your help. May I ask, did you change anything? I was definitely unable to access DirectAdmin earlier? Either way, thank you. I am very happy.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@feederss @stylelog I agree that it was confusing. But, that's why the admins are allowing the restorations, too. Anytime something doesn't look right, just let us know. Don't wait until several months have gone by, because it might be too late. And maybe some other user has the same problem and it's already been answered or your answer will help someone else.

We don't have a fancy ticket system like paid hosting has, but any post you make here will be seen by someone who can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.