Website not Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

harp21649

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have cleared browser cache and flushed dns several times but keep receiving message "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." I can connect via ftp but not the site via browser either to my wp-admin or home site, The problem started early in the morning when I could continue trying and would connect. Now I can't connect at all.

Regards, Bill

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Ok, I know the servers are being worked on, so I am just updating I just got a "defaultwebpage.cgi" message and clearing browser cache and flushing dns doesn't solve the problem. I will update further when the status changes.

I am now getting a 404 Not Found for wp-admin now, will update when it changes. Again, I know the servers are being worked on, just an update.

Regards, Bill

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

My site is working again, but is a lot slower than it was before this problem.

Regards, Bill

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Maintenance is not completed for your server, which could cause some remaining slowness.

harp21649

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thank you Anna, the website is working again now without any more errors. It was strange though as I had to reset some permissions via ftp and my ftp info in wordpress, but it is all working fine now.

Regards, Bill

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

I have spoken too soon, another 'The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.' message.

Regards, Bill

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

38 seconds for the server to respond after clicking a link to my site, how long is it going to take to solve these problems? This is killing us trying to build sites up, new visitors are going to give up and not come back again.

Regards, Bill

harp21649

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thank you for the information, I checked when I first posted the problem and nothing was in the info and failed to check back.

The lag problem still exists varying in times of server responding. The problem is bad enough that it prevents me from posting links to articles in facebook using the conventional method and prevents links being added to digg and reddit.

I also have had to reset the ftp password in wordpress again as reset some permissions using ftp to enable functions of adding pictures to posts again. I mention this as it has only occurred with this current problem/work taking place on the servers.

Regards, Bill

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

I have gotten this error: 'Error establishing a database connection' but am now back to this error after a 40 second lag in server response, 'The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.'

I checked on my account management page to make sure another notice wasn't posted before posting this to let you know my problems are ongoing.

Regards, Bill

harp21649

Prime Account
Reaction score
This problem is still ongoing, please advise if this lag is what I can expect for the future. Respectfully I realize I am paying little, but I have other websites on free servers that have not once given me a problem other than being down for a short period for maintenance over a three year period but they don't offer email as part of the package.

My site is insignificant as far as traffic and is running with a lot less of the bells and whistles that I have on others so I don't think it unreasonable to expect an answer to if this is what I have to look forward to so if it is I can make arrangements to solve the problem before I totally lose all the progress I have made to this point with regards to promoting.

Google is having problems accessing my sitemaps, rss feeds, etc and it is affecting my rating in a very negative way, the same is true with bing and yahoo.

Again, I only press an answer as this is ongoing and affecting my ratings in a very negative way.

Regards, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.