website not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcgowan

Reaction score
My main website, www.silentsoldiers.org, is showing the cPanel "Default Web Site Page" instead of the index.php. When I try to access other pages on the site I get a 404 error. I checked cPanel and all of my files are still there, so I'm figuring the DNS isn't pointing at the new server yet or something. Thank you!

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like a DNS problem on the add-on domain, like you said. It seems that you are not alone. I have told Staff about it.

The 404 errors might be caused by the SEO urls and .htaccess OR it could be directly related to the DNS issue. Sometimes turning 'pretty urls' off and then back on will fix that in WordPress (once DNS issue is resolved)

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you try removing the domain and waiting an hour or so then re-add it and then flush your dns?

jmcgowan

Reaction score
So far it's been five days and my website is still giving the same error. To be honest, I have not had time to try Derek's advice because they block cPanel at work for me and because of the hours I work I haven't had time at home to try it. Has anyone had a chance to look into the DNS settings to see if my website is pointing to the right place since all the work was finished? Thank you!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Looks like your domain silentsoldiers.org works now, however it seems you need to re-configure the subdomain for that (mail.silentsoldiers.org) if you had it pointed to google apps or something like that.

If you still can't view your site properly, please try clearing your browser cache.

jmcgowan

Reaction score
Anna, thanks for the response. It is indeed working now, except for the mail link as you had mentioned. Out of curiousity was there something that needed to be done or did it work itself out in the end? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.