Website redirects to 500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

taigah50

Reaction score
I just got my website a few days ago. When I try to access it, it just goes to an Internal Server Error. The majority of my x10hosting friends are on Starka, and I am wondering if it is better there. The FTP seems to work fine, though.

I am on Boru.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Make sure any .php files have permissions set to 0644 (NOT 0666 or 0777) and subdirectories set to 0755.

Also, there is a possibility that your .htaccess file is causing the problem (some directives that work on other sites do not work here). If changing permissions does not work, check the file and maybe post it here.

Some say Boru is haunted. I don't believe it.

taigah50

Reaction score
Code:
order allow, deny
deny from 10.10.100.27
allow from all

There's my .htaccess file. I've done all of your instructions, and still nothing. I will probably assume that Boru's "haunted" or something (lawlz).

UPDATE: Right, I don't think there's anything wrong with it... but my website still redirects to the 500 Internal Error.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

OK, that's it. Is it possible to change servers, like from Boru to Starka? Boru doesn't work and needs more care. I am disappointed. :frown:

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I commented out those three lines in your .htaccess, your site now loads fine.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
* Problem Solved - Thread Closed *

Status
Not open for further replies.