website updating problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

justtryi91

Reaction score
I got the solution from the previous reply. please see my last support request and its reply, but the question now i have is that will all the users have to press Ctrl+F5 to clear the cache and get the updated version of the site??? how will the viewers know that the webmaster has updated the site???
Thanks
Please reply as soon as possible

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Users accessing the site for the first time should get the updated version immediately. For the others, they might have to.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally that doesn't pose a concern, as periodically the browser would ask the server if there's any changes. During development where you reload the site every few minutes you may need to do it, but for a user that comes once or twice a day, their browser cache would likely clear out anyways and they'll then see the changes.

Also some changes live longer in cache the others. If you change image for a background (or other parts of the site), but leave the name(s) the same, it may stay longer in cache but that would only be a visual aspect for the viewer. If you change the content, for instance if you submit a new blog article if you have a blog that would show immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.