website uptime

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkmon

Reaction score
I think x10hosting uptime is a joke. Honestly when i go to view my site it's a "chance" that its working. Im being honest here. Its probs got a 60-70% up time.

Im suprised x10hosting has members still. I stayed for the good stuff available.

My members say to me its always down. One guy said

"Nice website. Ill try to be more active, thats if the website is up!"

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
According to host-tracker.net, my X10 website has 99.45% uptime today, which is excellent for free hosting. Over the course of 2009 so far it has had 92.95% uptime, which also isn't too bad - certainly not as bad as the 60-70% you suggested.
I understand it is frustrating sometimes, but much of X10's downtime is for upgrades that benefit us. Your website is being run off someone else's pocket, so I suppose we can be happy with what we are given...I certainly am.

freecrm

Reaction score
According to host-tracker.net, my X10 website has 99.45% uptime today

Interesting.. I tried that website but couldn't find it?

I also have a topic on this http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/97190-cossacks-forum-downtime.html

I must admit, it certainly doesn't appear to have anywhere near 99% uptime, but it depends on time of day and weekends.

In all honesty, as I've said before, X10 I still think is the best free server, despite its flaws. As lemon-tree says, its a good service considering its free!

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, it's host-tracker.com not .net. I got my links mixed up.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score

I honestly can't stand people who complain about uptime on free servers.

Free hosting from x10hosting doesn't promise ANY uptime for free servers.

If you want 99.99% uptime, upgrade to paid hosting. That's your best option. You aren't gonna get the uptime that YOU want without paying for something...

Thanks,
--Neil

vinayan

Reaction score
for my one site hosted @ X10 last 15 days up time is Total uptime:81.75% Downtime:2 day(s) 14 hour(s)

rkmon

Reaction score
I hate people who complain about people complaining!

Some people try the free service to see what kind of service you get. If the uptime isnt great it puts people of buying x10 paid services.

Just to tell you that i must be cursed since mines is a chance of being up :p

Re: VERY INACTIVE!
by CaKoUkA » Fri May 01, 2009 6:28 am

'DOWN' as in a few time i have been on and the website has been 'DOWN'

CaKoUkA
Clan Member

Re: VERY INACTIVE!
by xMaaD » Fri May 01, 2009 3:46 pm

its down everyday for me and then i have to wait abit and go on again

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█O█O█O█O█O█O█!█ █ ►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
xMaaD
Clan Member

Note: some of the quote isn't the best english. Some members are German and French. (Website is in full english)

Thanks lemon tree for the link. Gonna use that to track all my websites uptimes XD

Last edited:

penlid

Reaction score
I decided to give the paid hosting a go - hopefully to improve the uptime. I couldn't work with the uptime I've been receiving. Make no mistake, the free facilities x10 provide are second to none, to which they fully deserve their "number one" seat.
But it's the downtime which gets 'em everytime. Were it not for that they would win hands down. I disagree with the 90%/up thing. Definately (In my experience) around a much lower at 50-60 odd.
So before slaying me for referring to something which is free - bare in mind I am giving paid hosting ago, incase you've forgotten already. If so, you need your memory checked.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
For "paid hosting," do you necessarily have to pay monthly? Or, can you purchase a product from x10Hosting like Double Everything and still be considered a paid member?

David

IRC: For Cool People!
Reaction score
For "paid hosting," do you necessarily have to pay monthly? Or, can you purchase a product from x10Hosting like Double Everything and still be considered a paid member?

Purchasing a "Double Everything" or "Double it Again" promotional package will not move you to a paid server.

We do have a promotional Development Package which has the same statistics as the Static package, except it does not come with the Priority Paid support, which is $20 a year. Your site will be moved to one of our paid servers with this package.

As far as 50-60% up-time, that's absolutely absurd. None of our servers currently have that kind of up-time.

freecrm

Reaction score
I think 50-60% is a little harsh.

There seems to be a few opinions flying around so I've put a tracker on mine to get some evidence.

100% so far!!!!!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been monitoring stoli's uptime (server in general, not a particular service)

The server is up all the time, however, like all programs, some services lock up and/or crash.

These problems are usually fixed in moments of them occuring.

The problems you all are experiencing are due to people who abuse the right to have free hosting.

They use up server resources, and make the server load very high. ( like a "not responding" error on windows)

The services ( apache, FTP, etc) are never actually "down" but are just lagged down from users who abuse the service.

penlid

Reaction score
I will admit the past day or so has been good regarding uptime (If me site don't load, then I would consider it down (leafypiggy)). Still, every few minutes my website seems to go down, then come back up again. No matter.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The way I see it, the uptime/downtime is what it is. It's a matter of fact. 100% uptime would be terrific. So would $1,000,000 in my bank account. It ain't gonna happen :)

It costs something like $0.20 a day for paid hosting. Don't tell me you can't scrape up that much. And, you don't even need a credit card. Or a paypal. Or a bank account. One of the options for payment in the client section is good old fashioned snail mail.

Just some food for thought :p

Last edited:

marxel

Reaction score
Still, every few minutes my website seems to go down, then come back up again.

I'm on Lotus, and am experiencing the same as quoted. Is this happening to all free servers? And has it always been like this?

WyrGecko

Reaction score
If it's just down temporarily, it's probably just the server being overloaded at the moment. It's really to be expected on free hosting servers.

When x10 was doing upgrades, uptime got to be really bad (hell from users), but it looks like things are going back to before, other than the Fit bit issue. :shifty:;

Status
Not open for further replies.