website url not showing properly

hathehariken

Reaction score
hello!

i dont know whether this question would be a apache issue or a domain configuration issue or a DNS issue, but please help me out on this.

here the problem:

i have a domain, www,apaceadvisors.com
this domain is forwarded to my space on X10 servers at arkantos,exofire.net/rahul-aaa/ via a "URL frame redirect" on the domain control panel.

when you enter the site through the domain, the URL does not change when you change pages - i believe the whole site is ported inside a frame, so, since the address of the parent frame does not change, the URL doesnt change too.

i tried the URL redirection option in the domain control panel, and it just forwarded the request to x10, so when in type in the domain name, it forwards me to my space here directly, and shows my internal URL.

what i want is:
when in type in www-apaceadvisors.com - it displays the index page of the site. and when i navigate to some inner page, the URL should change and show www-apaceadvisors.com/someinnerpage.php

is that possible??

please help.
thanx,
hathehariken.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah. add apaceadbisors.com as an addon domain. thats how you would do that. but i dont really understand. you want a domain pointing to a different section of your site?

marshian

Reaction score
You have to remove that "url frame redirect" and change the NS of that domain to "ns1.x10hosting.com" as primary and "ns2.x10hosting.com" as secondary dns servers. (You might want to check on that ns urls, because I'm not really sure of them.)
Then (when the nameservers have updated, 1~48h later) you have to add you domain to you hosting in the cPanel (addon domains)

- Marshian

hathehariken

Reaction score
but i dont really understand. you want a domain pointing to a different section of your site?

well, other than my personal site, on the root, i am hosting a friend's site on a subdirectory.

my site is also on a frame redirect.

what is the maximum of add-on domains i can have? i saw 3 on the cpanel. is there any way i can increase this?
i have 6 sites of my own hosted in this account here

thanx!
hathehariken

VPmase

Reaction score
You can use three add-on domains and three parked domains totaling six domains.
But if you only want to use add-on domains you are going to have to request them.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
or upgrade your package. (I think corporate has a lot more)

hathehariken

Reaction score
hello!

back to the original issue, i am!

can someone please tell me in very simple and precise terms, how i can add an add-on domain to my account and get it working.

also the details i need to put in on the DNS pages in the Domain control panel.

i tried using both A records and the NS records. but i seem to be missing something.

please help,
Ark!