Website viewing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerbox

Reaction score
So jus uploaded a portfolio site for a university project. The problems seems to be that only a few people can see it!! others including myself go on it and see a site not available and domain name for sale?!?!?

Ive followed the instructions below :-

"My domain is showing a great sucess page or a domain available page
Change your domain at http://x10hosting.com/login.php to something else and then change it back. If your site was loading the domain available page you will have to flush your DNS cache first. If the issue still exists create a ticket."

AND

1. Go to your domain registrar's website, i.e. networksolutions.com and login to your control panel.
2. Change your domain's name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com
3. Wait. Sometimes changes will take up to 24 hours to complete, but most are done in minutes. If unsure, do a domain whois on your domain to see if it has in fact changed (http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/)
4. Once the changes take effect, login to your webhosting cPanel, click on Add-on domains or Parked domain (difference between the two) and follow the instructions there. Do not forget, if you want the domain name, i.e. www.x10hosting.com to open to your main site page, change the document path to be blank!

I made http://jokerboxdesigns.co.cc/ as an add on domain an that works straight away! but the .co.uk doesnt ? ?

Some people see it some people dont ? ? Any ideas ? ?

Cheers!

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I am able to see your site in both ways with co.cc and co.uk. also attached a screenshot of co.uk

The Whois lookup tell me that you domain is pointed to x10hosting name server correctly.

May be your ISP is blocking it for some reason.

I suggest to try opening it on a proxy.

Attachments

• jo.png
    jo.png
    462.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

jokerbox

Reaction score
Your right! It worked through a proxy for me and a few friends.

So what can i do then ? How can i stop ISP's blocking my site? WHat reason would they block it for?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Contact your ISP about it.

Try opening another .co.uk domain. May be co.uk is blocked by your ISP...

Last edited:

jokerbox

Reaction score
Well ive never had problems viewing .co.uk in the past ? ? and .co.uk sites work now!

Plus even if i contact my ISP and ask them to unblock it, well what about all the other people who cant see it!! :dunno:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Well ive never had problems viewing .co.uk in the past ? ? and .co.uk sites work now!

Plus even if i contact my ISP and ask them to unblock it, well what about all the other people who cant see it!! :dunno:

Hi jokerbox,

ISPs would never block "co.uk" in general; you were provided wrong information.

Please try clearing your browser's cache and flushing your DNS, then try visiting your website again. Also, please ask your friends to do the same, as there may be older DNS and page data information stored on your and their computers.

- Adam

jokerbox

Reaction score
Ive flushed my DNS Cache and even used software called CCleaner which wipes everything.

Still nothing!?

Its strange how certain friends can see it while others cant.

It worked fine when i had it set as a forwarder but then i changed it to the main domain an switched the name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com.

Now this ... ?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you set a forwarder using cpanel? If so it may be a good idea to check there are no remnants of that left in your .htaccess file, as this could be what is causing your problem, although it doesn't explain why some see it and others can't.
Edit:
Also....a shot in the dark......

What browser are you using?? Have you tried a different one?

Last edited:

jokerbox

Reaction score
I got some friends to flush the DNS. and try viewing it and they were still able to gain access to the site! It seems to be people on different ISPs people who can view it are all on the same ISP.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
When was the last time you changed DNS settings? It can take up to 48 hours for your DNS to update.

If it doesn't, go into your windows control panel -> Network and sharing center -> adapter settings - > right click on your adapter and choose properties -> Internet protocol version 4 -> properties -> check "Use the following DNS server addresses:" and fill in 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Now you are using Googles public DNS servers. Try if it works now

jokerbox

Reaction score
I changed the settings about 24hrs ago. I did think this could be the case but would it explain why some people can see it while others cant. My friend saw the site within seconds of the changes happening?

and if i go through a proxy server and type in the address it works??

ill try what u said tho ...

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I changed the settings about 24hrs ago. I did think this could be the case but would it explain why some people can see it while others cant. My friend saw the site within seconds of the changes happening?

and if i go through a proxy server and type in the address it works??

ill try what u said tho ...

Different ISP's updates their servers different fast. My previous ISP used to update their servers once a week so I had a lot of trouble.

jokerbox

Reaction score
If it doesn't, go into your windows control panel -> Network and sharing center -> adapter settings - > right click on your adapter and choose properties -> Internet protocol version 4 -> properties -> check "Use the following DNS server addresses:" and fill in 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Now you are using Googles public DNS servers. Try if it works now

I did that and it works!! Only problem is what about all the other people who cant see it ? ? ? :dunno:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I did that and it works!! Only problem is what about all the other people who cant see it ? ? ? :dunno:

Hi jokerbox,

As long as you don't update your DNS data on a regular basis, there shouldn't be a big problem. Eventually, all internet service providers are going to update their DNS data, and eventually, all other people will receive proper DNS information that points to your site. Although it might take a few days at first, it should resolve itself and the problem shouldn't arise again.

- Adam

jokerbox

Reaction score
Ok well i suppose the only solution is to wait it out, the site said 24 - 48 hours that was saturday night.

Thankyou all for your helpful advice! Ive left you all some postive feedback for your rep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.