Website Won't Connect To External MySQL Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My website is not connecting to the external database. I contacted the database host and they could not find the problem, I think it might be a problem with x10. It worked for a week or so after I set it up, but it just stopped working a few days ago.

Reaction score
After a lot of research, I determined and confirmed it is your service. It worked for a week or so after I set it up, but it just stopped working a few days ago. I think you might have a firewall or something blocking it. I got it to work fine on a different host. If you can't fix then, then please delete my account. I have all of the data from it backed up and will upload it to a new account once you delete the current one. Thank you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Remote mysql connections were never meant to work on free hosting, the port is indeed blocked in firewall.

As for deletion of account, please log into the account portal and request account deletion.

Reaction score
Remote mysql connections were never meant to work on free hosting, the port is indeed blocked in firewall.

As for deletion of account, please log into the account portal and request account deletion.

Then why is their a "Remote MySQL" link in CPanel?

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The "Remote MySQL" button in cPanel unfortunately can't be disabled by us (the options won't let us), and it's part of the protected code so we can't modify it to simply stop displaying. Technically the button itself does do what it should, but the firewall (which isn't controlled by cPanel at all) outright blocks any non-x10hosting addresses from being able to access the database. Premium does allow remote mysql though, as there it's not blocked by the firewall, but it's also not being subjected to the abuse that the free servers commonly are.

Reaction score
I can't host my database with you, because you have the server limits set too low. But since you won't let me host the database offsite, I will have to host the website offsite too, and not use x10 hosting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.