Website won't load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelgangergang

Reaction score
Hello there!

I have been trying to access my site for 3 (5?) days and OpenDNS says it is not loading. is there any problem in the exofire.net server?

Thanks!

-Doppel

plmgroup

Reaction score
@Doppelgangergang

Don't bother posting anything about the servers and you not being able to access your site. A thread I posted in was recently closed by an extremely RUDE moderator.

His response was basically: "Free hosts aren't reliable (blah, blah, blah). If you want reliability then stop being "tight" and PAY for a host". The members seemed to be nice here, but the mods are complete jerks, including the one who closed the previous thread. His tone and demeanor was COMPLETELY uncalled for. If you want to see the thread and the mods response, click here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/96724-frequent-downtime.html

Apparently this is common for x10. Is seems that they really don't care about the free members... as they're not paying customers. But in all honesty, I'd never pay to have x10 if this is an indicator of their reliability and the attitude of their moderators. VERY unprofessional, free or not.

Bottom line is that for more than 5 days it's been hit and miss with my clients site... absoultely horrible downtime, even for a free host. This just appears to be the way it is here. I've filed "OFFICIAL" support tickets with nothing being done.

If you can live with about 50% uptime, then x10 is for you. If not, then if I were you I'd really consider another host. I set up an account on another one for my client 3 days agao and been watching since. So far in three days, not one instance of downtime.

Don't fall for the same ol stuff from the mods here saying that "This is free... what do you expect".... because thats just not true. Free doesn't have to mean terrible and unreliable.

Hopefully you'll see this before that same particuliar mod removes my post in an attempt to prevent you and others from seeing the "REAL" way you're handled here.

And to xxll_martin_llxx , the mod that responded SO rudely: THAT was unprofessional and rude. You should NOT treat members this way. I will be sure to rate x10 on every web host review site I come across accordingly, based on your total lack of concern for members and your uncalled for degrading tone and demeanor. There's no place for rudeness on a business forums. You make x10 look EVEN worse!

Dopplegangergang: I'd find another host if I were you. There ARE good reliable one's out there, one's that WILL treat you with respect and as if you were a paying customer.

akkudreamz

Reaction score
@Doppelgangergang

Don't bother posting anything about the servers and you not being able to access your site. A thread I posted in was recently closed by an extremely RUDE moderator.

His response was basically: "Free hosts aren't reliable (blah, blah, blah). If you want reliability then stop being "tight" and PAY for a host". The members seemed to be nice here, but the mods are complete jerks, including the one who closed the previous thread. His tone and demeanor was COMPLETELY uncalled for. If you want to see the thread and the mods response, click here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/96724-frequent-downtime.html

Apparently this is common for x10. Is seems that they really don't care about the free members... as they're not paying customers. But in all honesty, I'd never pay to have x10 if this is an indicator of their reliability and the attitude of their moderators. VERY unprofessional, free or not.

Bottom line is that for more than 5 days it's been hit and miss with my clients site... absoultely horrible downtime, even for a free host. This just appears to be the way it is here. I've filed "OFFICIAL" support tickets with nothing being done.

If you can live with about 50% uptime, then x10 is for you. If not, then if I were you I'd really consider another host. I set up an account on another one for my client 3 days agao and been watching since. So far in three days, not one instance of downtime.

Don't fall for the same ol stuff from the mods here saying that "This is free... what do you expect".... because thats just not true. Free doesn't have to mean terrible and unreliable.

Hopefully you'll see this before that same particuliar mod removes my post in an attempt to prevent you and others from seeing the "REAL" way you're handled here.

And to xxll_martin_llxx , the mod that responded SO rudely: THAT was unprofessional and rude. You should NOT treat members this way. I will be sure to rate x10 on every web host review site I come across accordingly, based on your total lack of concern for members and your uncalled for degrading tone and demeanor. There's no place for rudeness on a business forums. You make x10 look EVEN worse!

Dopplegangergang: I'd find another host if I were you. There ARE good reliable one's out there, one's that WILL treat you with respect and as if you were a paying customer.

I agree to the fact that downtime is considerably high, but i cannot agree about moderators here being rude. Obviously attention will be paid to the paid customers as they have priority support, that's what they pay for.

The downtime is a pain, but that's not something intentionally done to free users here.
I've been using the internet for over 10 years now, and couldnt find a better fre host, with almost no restrictions
you can have any type of script, blogs, sites etc. running here (as long as they don't violate TOS)

I know having you site down like 5-10 mins. every hour is bugs us...but i guess if you need constant uptime and you have a continuously functional site like that, you can afford to pay.

If you can find a better free host, I will be the first one to join in there :)

But i can't believe somebody misbehaved here with you

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
@Doppelgangergang

I lawled in real life when I read that.

Please do a search for: IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, LEAVE!

Honestly, you have no reason to complain about a free service.

Plus, all x10's staff are volunteers. They are very professional, and you honestly don't understand how customer service works.

Oh, by the way, you can't say a paid service is good or bad if you haven't used it.

In conclusion, we don't want people who complain, and therefore, leave.

-------------------

To the topic starter:

The servers are a little unstable. I've been waiting around a little for some answers, so just have a little patience. :)

gurfle

Reaction score
3-5 days seems long, and deserves some attention, but really . . .

I am amazed at what X10 is trying to do for FREE! Really, plmgroup, if you want to satisfy clients as you are claiming, I am assume they are paying you, so wouldn't that imply you need to be willing to hand out a little yourself?

All I am interested in is my own personal web page for personal reference on the go and to point any others to who might care, and for that X10 is much better than what I used to pay $5/month for at Inreach, formerly Nationwide, formerly TheRiver, formerly oz.net until Inreach unceremoniously decided to yank personal web spaces from their e-mail account service without even notifying users. That kind of paid service is going to cost them my account as soon as I get x10 e-mail to work.

I have an open support ticket regarding e-mail not working at all for me over the last two weeks, but I can wait for two more or even two months if necessary, since I am not PAYING anything for the help I am hoping to eventually get.

No sign of rudeness from the obviously overworked and dedicated volunteer staff.

Patience is the only attitude that counts when you are getting something for nothing, and it sure sounds like plmgroup is lacking in that department. Not to mention that his own rudeness far outshines anything I've observed from x10 staff.

Nick

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
+1 for nick.

I'm pretty sure you're one of the only "New" members who understands that there are thousands of tickets in the upport desk, and that the paid tickets are done first.

Thanks for understanding.

Doppelgangergang

Reaction score
I completely appreciate their best effort to restore my site (and the rest of the affected peoples), though one can't help to worry for something that I have worked on for hours as I don't want to start back from square one.

WyrGecko

Reaction score
The issue isn't exofire.net; it's the server that you're on. Log in at the x10 homepage to check it. If you're on Absolut, it's been seemingly more unreliable than usual lately.
---
I just read the thread that was linked to, and martin's answer seemed fine. Maybe it was too straightforward for some people.

Doppelgangergang: Good luck with things. Back up more often next time, I guess :x

Last edited:

nchgaming

Reaction score
Originally Posted by plmgroup:

I've been here for a few months now, and yeah, I USED to get a little P!$$3d off too every now and then. The reason that I'm more "forgiving" now is because it IS FREE and it IS SUPER FANTASTIC, when all things are considered. These guys aren't stupid! They are very well aware that most free hosts would NEVER give you the amount of storage space, bandwidth, or utilities like X10 does (for free), without a sh!tload of forced ads, Many of which are virus havens. One other well known FACT... Most "FREE SERVERS" can't aford to operate their own equiptment, or leases, and frequently VANISH! (Been there, done that, a few times already)
These guys know how to set things up well enough, to avoid many different types of sites from operating, that do nothing more than spam, and or violate the TOS. All new "free hosting" account start off at a very basic, stripped down version of the services that you'd get on the PAID servers, BUT! The HUGE difference is the VAST number of accounts that are on the free servers, not to mention the one's ABUSING the free priviledges. If you're for real, they'll work with you! Honestly! they will. Keep in mind that they're running thousands of accounts, close to a DOZEN huge servers, and all of it set up in various levels, for various purposes, and fairly grouped together and assigned to various servers,accordingly. (Now .... just for a moment, imagine... keeping track of the previous sentence, when applied several thousand times over, for all these accounts)
Now.... for Doppelgangergang, who posted:

I completely appreciate their best effort to restore my site (and the rest of the affected peoples), though one can't help to worry for something that I have worked on for hours as I don't want to start back from square one.

Eventually you'll learn the value of a BACKUP! Run a FULL BACKUP at least weekly, and if you make any large changes... do it again! Here's the catch. Make sure you keep a LOCAL COPY (stored on YOUR computer or storage device) That way, if it started snowing in hell again, and the server "blew up", you wouldn't be at a loss when the replacement that you're getting for free, came online,... and you run your recovery. (NO WORRIES though... I believe there may be a connection between the server backup intervals (that they also do for FREE), and the "free server" drop-outs, BECAUSE... I'm told the backups, are very likely to be on a COMPLETLY different server all together.)
I still consider myself a "newbie" at all this, but if I had money to invest, I'd put it on these guys! (stock options?) These guys are busting their butts to keep up with everyone, and all of the many "The sky is falling..." complaints. Trust me when I say, I'd been an arrogant jackass to these guys when all the updates and upgrades, and caos broke loose, but I'm still here...my site's still here...and yeah... it "hickups" enough, but IT'S STILL HERE>>>FREE<<<

*edit: And I'd like to THANK them for all that they DO!

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
This is more directed at the x10Elder that posted earlier, or any mods that may be around the forums.

If I choose to purchase products from x10Hosting, such as buying Double Everything twice for about $10 and the Inactivity Timer Removal for $3, would that fall under the category of paid accounts? I am not in a position right now where I can make frequent monthly payments for actual paid hosting; I don't have a credit card or Paypal account.

ggbrisbane

Reaction score
I have just signed up and I'm on the server "absolut"... seems I'm having the same problem (slow and/or no reply at all from the server...)

Do all the new free hostings go on this server? Maybe I should kill this one and try again if there's a chance I can magically get a better one next time around...

Dom

jbacob07

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems the absolot server is still not responding. I managed to see my website for about five seconds and then it was offline again. Its not been working for days now. I'm not sure the x10hosting staff is aware of the problem or a post would have been updated with any problems they might be having with their services. Has anyone called them? Please let me know. If not I'll make a few phone calls to them and give them more detailed information on what the problem is, so that they might become aware of it and atleast update us on the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.