Websites downloading files? Read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calystos

Reaction score
Okay, I've seen so far FIVE people posting separate threads about this single issue. USE SEARCH OR LOOK AT THE TOPICS LIST PEOPLE.

Yes there is a server issue, it seems to have started up within the past 6-12 hours and seems to also be effecting all the servers. At least Stoli and Lotus are verified.

All you can do is either wait and hopefully they'll have it fixed asap. Or put in a ticket and wait a few days for a reply, ;-)

Bajotumn

Reaction score
Okay, I've seen so far FIVE people posting separate threads about this single issue. USE SEARCH OR LOOK AT THE TOPICS LIST PEOPLE.

Yes there is a server issue, it seems to have started up within the past 6-12 hours and seems to also be effecting all the servers. At least Stoli and Lotus are verified.

All you can do is either wait and hopefully they'll have it fixed asap. Or put in a ticket and wait a few days for a reply, ;-)

Yes. This is a VERY major security bug. If you try to go to a domain being affected it downloads the actual index page and is not being processed by apache when it isn't running.

Attachments

• img.JPG
    img.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 31

Calystos

Reaction score
Agreed, it is indeed a major security issue and which x10Hosting need to rectify immediately.

Already myself and several other x10 users that I know are looking into moving host sites. As we're getting pretty fed up with all the problems that have been happening over the past half a year.

Firstly the server downtime of over a week when they originally were moving hosts for stoli, then just last month again they were offline for over a week when they were moving hosts again. Now this. :-(

Things may be free, but free doesn't mean we should put up with security problems where people can steal our code and other things. Even when its free the admin have a duty to uphold, and to respect privacy wherever possible. As its they need to keep their customers happy, which will mean repeat business and word spreading to more new customers, etc.

EDIT: Just checked again, doesn't appear to be all areas of my site, just some. Go fig.

EDIT: Looks like its any part of my site thats using the sql system.

EDIT: Just had some tests, looks like its actually any PHP file thats not working. HTML files work fine, but not PHP files.

Last edited:

Calystos

Reaction score
Yeah, looks like it is something to do with the PHP system. None of my HTML files are effected only PHP files.

Has anyone had any .html files having this issue? So far I've checked nearly all my site and its only the .php files that are effected.

Reaction score
Agreed, it is indeed a major security issue and which x10Hosting need to rectify immediately.

Already myself and several other x10 users that I know are looking into moving host sites. As we're getting pretty fed up with all the problems that have been happening over the past half a year.

Firstly the server downtime of over a week when they originally were moving hosts for stoli, then just last month again they were offline for over a week when they were moving hosts again. Now this. :-(

Things may be free, but free doesn't mean we should put up with security problems where people can steal our code and other things. Even when its free the admin have a duty to uphold, and to respect privacy wherever possible. As its they need to keep their customers happy, which will mean repeat business and word spreading to more new customers, etc.

EDIT: Just checked again, doesn't appear to be all areas of my site, just some. Go fig.

EDIT: Looks like its any part of my site thats using the sql system.

EDIT: Just had some tests, looks like its actually any PHP file thats not working. HTML files work fine, but not PHP files.

If people wanted to do that they would do it anyway.

X10 is in a slight state of change. You're moaning because you're getting something free that is slightly unstable whilst the changes go through. Patience is a virtue.

Calystos

Reaction score
FYI, I wasn't "moaning" as you put it cos of whats happening atm. I've been with x10 since the start of September, as I needed to find an emergency host site fast as I was moving homes and had to get my site moved from my home server. And x10 was recommended by several people whom USED to use this. (Note used to, they unfortunately don't anymore, though I have stayed on! So no one can say I'm not patient, anyone who knows me IRL knows I'm extremely patient!)

But whilst I was in the process of moving x10 was having major issues back then too. BEFORE any of the server move stuff started. Say 3-4 weeks worth of problems such as being unable to access parts of sites and various downtime issues. (This wasn't just me this was happening to, it was happening to MANY other users of x10).

Oh, and it was great after the first move. Things worked 100% for a time. Then for some reason things went totally sour, and peoples sites went offline. Loads couldn't access ANY part of their sites, for over a week or two in some cases. Then after a few weeks of that, they announced the 2nd server move thing. Where the DNS changed yet again.

I've stuck through x10 during all the majorly bad stuff. I was simply trying to put it across that issues such as this php situation thats just happened is a major thing they need to keep track of and fix fast. Security is a must for many sites. Would you like it if you had custom made code that you paid a lot of money for stolen by people cos they were able to access your sites files due to a host server issue? No, of course not.

So my point was that although the upgrades are great and all, they should still listen to the customers as its good for repeat business and new business.

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Issues have been fixed. PHP is once again working properly. We're sorry for any trouble this has caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.