We've detected that a proxy or VPN is being used to access your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbaer

Reaction score
I found out about a day ago... my site will not let me login to submit a formal request... What exactly is happening?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This is a "formal request", since this forum is the official support channel. The only thing you'd need to log into your account to do (support-wise) is to dispute an account suspension.

Basically, VPNs and proxies are verboten here since people tend to try to use them to get around the country restrictions. If you're using a VPN or proxy, you'll need to disable it or go direct (as the case may be) in order to access cPanel, etc.

elmorche

Reaction score
To my me passes the same and not use vpn or proxy, for access. Any solution. Thank you

bigbaer

Reaction score
I am accessing directly from the webpage with my usual browser... does this mean something like Bitvise an SSH client, that I started to use occasionally to upload and download files, cant be used? If so how should I un-do its presence, since its a per login application only?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
does this mean something like Bitvise an SSH client, that I started to use occasionally to upload and download files, cant be used?
short answer --> YES

Bitvise is a "Tunneler"

bigbaer

Reaction score
Okay, so I was/am not using it (Bitvise) but my account is still suspended; its been over a week...? Who can I message to take a look into getting me back online?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Wrong! Bitvise is a SSH/Telnet client
so this shouldnt affect your connection to the site
from --> [ https://www.bitvise.com/ ]
Bitvise SSH Server is ideal for remote administration of Windows servers; for advanced users who wish to access their home machine from work, or their work machine from home; as well as for a wide spectrum of advanced tasks, such as establishing a VPN using the SSH TCP/IP tunneling feature*, or providing a secure file depository using SFTP.
Our free and flexible SSH Client for Windows includes state of the art terminal emulation, graphical as well as command-lineSFTP support, an FTP-to-SFTP bridge, powerful tunneling features* including dynamic port forwarding through integrated proxy, and remote administration for our SSH Server.
* - bold by me

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It creates packets that are indistinguishable from using a proxy; that's all you need to know or care about. Anything that will detect a proxy will be triggered.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
EDIT: Looks like this thread is from April, so I'll go ahead and close this off.

Hi,

Your account has been marked as being upgraded to x10Premium, so please sign in at https://clients.x10premium.com/login instead.

SSH is permitted on x10Premium, so you are welcome to use your SSH client.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.